Morimoto X.Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
Morimoto X.Bar LED Light Bars
100% Made in the United States. Hand Built in Atlanta, GA​

The automotive aftermarket is composed of one part performance, two parts customization & Individuality. The problem with the Light Bar niche: Despite the wide range of available options, nothing really stands out anymore. These days, you can drop $2000 on a big brand bar or spend $200 on eBay and end up with pretty much the same thing, give or take.

The Morimoto X.BAR is bound to change the game. Available as a dedicated spot light, a dedicated flood light, or a combination of the two, regardless how you spec yours: you will be rewarded with mind blowing intensity.

X.BAR Construction: LED Pods machined from 6061 aircraft aluminum, shot peened and anodized with a piano black finish. Back-plates: machined and anodized. Brackets: machined and anodized. Bling Ring Bezels machined and available in five different anodized colors. You won't find any cheap extruded housings, boring black powder coat paint, chromed plastic reflectors or stamped steel mounting brackets here.

X.BAR Performance: A model of efficiency; The 30" X.BAR Uses 15 LED's to produce 18000 Lumens while consuming only 150W of power. Some of the most popular comparable bars on the market use 60 LED's to produce around 17000 lumens while consuming 195W of power.

X..BAR Tech: Completely unique, patented free form optics. CREE XML LED's with proprietary voltage regulators that are surrounded by light weight thermally optimized heat sinks. Gold plated contacts offer perfect conductivity and will never corrode. 100% Engineered, made, and assembled in the USA.

X.BAR Looks: Priceless. (but if you compare head to head with our competitors, we're confident you'll still find their actual price worthwhile)

Expedition Lighting System is a exclusive dealer for the Morimoto X.Bar. We offer a 5 year warranty on all light bars.

Pricing:
X.Pod 1 - $75
X.Pod 2 - $125.00
X.Bar 10" - $290.00
X.Bar 20" $600.00
X.Bar 30" - $900.00
X.Bar 40" - $1,200.00

Release Date: March 1, 2014.
Expedition Lighting - Morimoto X.Bar
info@expeditionlighting.org

Morimoto X.BAR Prototype-5623.jpg

Morimoto X.BAR Prototype-5624.jpg

Morimoto X.BAR Prototype-5625.jpg

X.BAR 2.jpg

Morimoto X.BAR Prototype-5629.jpg

:cool:

interesting.

got any of those classic "shine on a garage door" kind of pics showing the output?

I'll bring one back to Uganda. If it survives 3 months here, it'll survive 2 years anywhere. If nothing else, I can try and kill it with dust, water, and vibrations.

What sort of range can we expect from the dedicated spot bars????
Are they sealed from the elements??

More info and pics please!!

Awesome! I'm digging that 30" bar…and am wondering about the mounting brackets. Would they allow me to mount using the existing holes in the Ironman bumper on my 100…which are around 19" apart or are they fixed at the end of the light bar?

We are waiting on the final parts to come in. I hope it's this week. With the weather in GA we have had quite a few delays. Output shots are pending once I get them on my rig and run them for a few days.

The range will be determined soon. They are 100% IP68, so waterproof and dust proof. The official release date is March 1st. I hope to have them on my rig by the end of the week.

Pretty cool looking stuff Nick...looking forward to the night shots!

Looking forward to the big unveiling!

also IMHO some huge pluses are, made by a mud member, made in USA.

Does anyone ever put them in the bumper vents of the Lx470? If they fit in there, I would be very interested in these. Same with for my LX450 stock bumper..

You should add a cool Toyota like rocker switch to these. It wouldn't cost much, but would be a nice differentiator. Could make one for jeep, etc, too.

Does anyone ever put them in the bumper vents of the Lx470? If they fit in there, I would be very interested in these. Same with for my LX450 stock bumper..

Was thinking the same thing. The 10" one may fit on an LX, but would be tight on an LC.

I've been looking at using one of the Rigid SR or SR2 6".

Nick - Are there plans for a 6" down the road? #justaskin

Was thinking the same thing. The 10" one may fit on an LX, but would be tight on an LC. I've been looking at using one of the Rigid SR or SR2 6". Nick - Are there plans for a 6" down the road? #justaskin

I'll be down at the shop tomorrow. I'll see how close I can get a set of pods to 6". They are 1.75" X 1.75" each. 3 on each side will net you 7,200 lumens. That's 4 times brighter than low beams (new bulbs).
I'll let you know tomorrow what will work best in the grill. I don't have a stock bumper, so it may be difficult to provide a exact answer.

Thanks! If you give me measurements for 3 pods, I can check out the fit.

Thanks! If you give me measurements for 3 pods, I can check out the fit.

Each pod measures out to 1.75" X 1.75". Three pods would be 5.25". 3,600 lumens per side. So 7,200 lumens for the 6 pods on each side.

When you say pods, you mean something similar to Baja Design's Squadron XL lights???

Yes, very similar except the X.Pod going to utilize just one pod.

I can't say about the production of this light, but it's been tossed around a few times. I'd like to see it in production soon. Maybe...

Morimoto Dually.jpg

Proposed specs?

Proposed specs?

It's tough to say on that model, since it was never produced. Using the Cree XML-2 it would put out right around 4,800 lumens. It's very possible to design something that is small (3X3"), but heat management would be the issue. The housing wouldn't be big enough to dissipate the heat properly. I will bring it up at a meeting and see if we can't get a few built for testing. I think it would be a good solution to small spaces and lots of light.

As for the LED Light bars, still waiting on the mounting brackets to come in. After that I will be swapping out my current light bars and installing these. Pictures to follow along with output shots.

Looking forward to those output shots. I got my eye on the X Bar 10 and maybe a couple of X Pod 2's. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom