More Disc Brake Conversion ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info gents.

Are the later model clutch masters shorter or smaller in diameter? (or both?)

Dunno on the vacuum yet... it's the choke diaphragm that may be in the way... might be able to live without it? I'd rather not though... We just rebuilt the carb too, runs like a champ - had we gone Weber this wouldn't be an issue - DANG IT! Oh well...

Thanks for the info gents.

Are the later model clutch masters shorter or smaller in diameter? (or both?)

They are shorter. I know when I installed mine I also used a matching clutch slave, but I'm not sure it was necessary. This is my setup. FJ62 booster, Mark's Off-Road spacer, 1976 clutch master. Disclaimer ... I removed a section of rib, and moved the pedal bucket over three inches to clear the engine.
chutchclearance_sm.jpg

Last edited:
One other note. I seem to recall the FJ62 booster cleared the older clutch master, but not by much. When I was setting this up I also tried a V6 mini-truck booster which is larger in diameter. It cleared the clutch master, but was real close to the engine, so I stuck with the FJ62 booster.

"Danny Warden had a legendary LC shop in placerville, CA - he closed the shop about 5 years ago and has largely dropped out of the land cruiser scene."

Danny's father Earl Warden ran the Toyota dealership in Placerville for many years, holding the sales record for TLC's in the states quite often in the '60s and '70s. The family has a long history with LC's and much positive impact to the West Coast wheeling scene, but unfortunately California business and environmental regulations made it too difficult for Danny to comply and so he found it easier to go to work for someplace else. He is missed.

Thanks for the pics & info Pappy, helpful for sure.
I'm gonna go ahead and get the adapter and try working the mini junk from there...

Oh, by the way... I'll be glad to get that 151 & dual tcs outta your way. No need letting it clutter your garage. :grinpimp:

psreno; Thanks for getting me up to speed on the Warden clan. It's a shame they're still not in it.... my how things change. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom