Monthly club meeting (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to it. I will be there a little early if anyone else will. Wish the 40 has seatbelts . Ill be in Ginger.

blue land cruiser.jpg

I don't know who owns the blue FJ40, but Peter loved it! He had said he hoped to see a blue land cruiser before we left. He was especially impressed by the hook. He talked a lot about the hook.

no more ble land cruiser.jpg

When he found out the blue land cruiser left he cried.

tan land cruiser.jpg

Michael loved the Army one!

Our February club meeting is this Thursday the 25th.

For those that ordered we’ll have your 2021 Shirts/Hoodies, please come by to pick up your order.

Plan to meet at Campus 805 in the parking lot between Straight to Ale and Yellowhammer Brewing.

5:00 Early Arrival....
6:00 Meeting starts...

Campus 805
2620 Clinton Ave.
Huntsville AL 35805

I'm going to join y'all's super cool cruiser club just for that sweet sticker. The website shows the storefront on Clinton. Is that standard business hours?

I work for a local HVAC contractor I do business with wittichens a block from there. Mainly the Decatur branch. So I've got to find a reason to go to the Huntsville one. So I can get paid at the same time lol

Sweetos! I know there's a lot of stores packed in right there. Thought maybe one of the members own one or something.

As far as I know y'all need somebody representing you in cullman. So I'll get a couple stickers for all my Toyotas

As far as I know y'all need somebody representing you in cullman. So I'll get a couple stickers for all my Toyotas
Also awesome. Thanks for that. We do get down that way every once in awhile to ride at Stoney Lonesome.

Meeting this Thursday! Usual time and place...6pm at Campus 805

I do believe Thursday is our next meeting

Does anyone have the Wits end inner seal offset driver I could borrow at this week's meeting? I believe I talked to Roy about it last month or the month before.

Talking about the inner axle seal? The back side of a 1" socket with a HF extension to serve as a handle works beautifully. Plus it's one less specialty tool to keep up with.

Talking about the inner axle seal? The back side of a 1" socket with a HF extension to serve as a handle works beautifully. Plus it's one less specialty tool to keep up with.
I'm trying to get the offset portion of it. Because I replaced the seals last year they started leaking again immediately.

To have both fail so quickly sounds like there's more going on. What do these failed seals look like? Are the bronze bushings in good shape?

To have both fail so quickly sounds like there's more going on. What do these failed seals look like? Are the bronze bushings in good shape?

I don't remember an bronze bushings. These are the seals behind the birfs that go into the axle and seal around the shaft. I used the Marlin Crawler kit and their seals that came with it. I just tapped those in with a hammer. They started leaking immediately. I have talked to some that say don't use the Marlin crawler seals but use toyota seals and then offset them with the wits' end driver. So I bought the toyota seals and wanted to try the other approach.

I was having the same issue and determined that the bronze bushings on the back of the spindle that makes the axle ride in the center were badly worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom