Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by MiniPigg, Jul 14, 2005.
What is the best mod/upgrade you have done on your 40/55? Best bang for the buck? Cheapest or free?
power steering on my 40
1. power steering
2. 4 wheel discs brakes
3. full family cage from metal tech cage
1) '79-'85 MiniTruck Power Steering
2) Family MetalTechCage
If you think 2.5 inches of lift and 33 inch tires are big enough right now, you will be wishing you went with 4 inches of lift (or SOA) and 35+ inch tires within one year. Do yourself a favor and skip the 2.5/33 step. Good Luck!
castor correction wedges, cost me 19 bux and it drives like a dream
got a Detroit diff lock real cheap off ebay... can't imagine life without it.
wrecker seats from a sports car
#1 Power steering
#2 get it up off the bump stops (mine had less than an inch of travel)
For me it is:
(1) taking the 90degree angle zerk fittings off the tierod ends when going to a larger tire and replacing them with the shorter regular zerks.(free)
(2) Upgrading the stock ignition coil to an MSD Blaster 2. (35 bucks)
(3) Replacing headlamps with Sylvania Xtravisions (28 bucks)
(4) Dynamat Xtreme (ya it cost a bunch but works great.) (I am currently testing the PeelandSeal from Lowes)
(5) Reflectix (as you might remember I have only tried this recently for heat deflection and it works awesome) (20bucks)
(6) Anything I take apart using bolts/nuts gets antiseize (1 buck a tube)
(7) Peal and Seal. Like 12 bucks for a 25' roll and Lowes. Used inplace of Dynamat Xtreme.
Im sure there is more... just cant think of anything else right now.
and any drum brake Cruiser, disk brakes.
Power steering - and soon TBI/FI