Model Year Distribution on MUD (1 Viewer)

What model year is your 200 series?

Votes: 23 10.7%

Votes: 12 5.6%

Votes: 14 6.5%

Votes: 20 9.3%

Votes: 34 15.9%

Votes: 13 6.1%

Votes: 17 7.9%

Votes: 16 7.5%

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 2018+

Votes: 58 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheGrrrrr

GOLD Star
Threads
Just a curiosity more than anything, but it seems like '08, '10, '13, '16, '19, '20 are the most common model years on Mud. No idea if that is true, so I figured I would post up a poll to see what the distribution looks like. It doesn't let me list every year so I just combined '18+ (sorry).

Wow, already 50 responses and the distribution is taking shape. Most of it is counter to my assumptions except for the prevalence of 2013's on the forum.

Wow, already 50 responses and the distribution is taking shape. Most of it is counter to my assumptions except for the prevalence of 2013's on the forum.

You must remember that 2013's were available for two model years. So, even though there was no 2012 model year, it would be fair to divide the 2013 number in half for a normalized tear-to-year comparison with other model year numbers. By the same token, the 2018+ number can be divided by 3 (2018, 2019 and 2020) for a normalized year-to-year comparison.

There's some members on here with multiple 200s... should allow for multiple choices to cast.
Just ignore... :flush:

Last edited:
There's some members on here with multiple 200s... should allow for multiple choices to cast.

I did allow for multiple selections, maybe its not showing that way?

I did allow for multiple selections, maybe its not showing that way?
:doh: you did.... I just didn't realize it, should've checked before making that comment

You must remember that 2013's were available for two model years. So, even though there was no 2012 model year, it would be fair to divide the 2013 number in half for a normalized tear-to-year comparison with other model year numbers. By the same token, the 2018+ number can be divided by 3 (2018, 2019 and 2020) for a normalized year-to-year comparison.

Yeah, I had been doing that math in my head. There are a number of limiting factors as far as the data quality goes. the biggest factor is that the poll can only be open for 7 days, which means only people who visit during that period can vote and only if they happen to see it. Not scientific by any means, but it's still interesting. I may do another poll after this to get a sense for how many purchased new vs. 2nd owner vs 3rd+ owner and maybe with some mileage factors like: "2nd owner (<75,000 miles at purchase)", "2nd Owner (>75,000 miles at purchase)" etc.

You must remember that 2013's were available for two model years.

So maybe you can shed some light on that period for me. Obviously there was no 2012 model year, but did they start selling the 2013 model earlier than normal or did it hit showrooms on the normal schedule? was there a gap in availability or did 2011 inventory hold up for most of 2012? I get why Toyota did it, sort-of, but I have been curious as to how it played out.

Tsunami, major nuclear event, none built. Google Great Sendai Earthquake or Great Tōhoku Earthquake.

Tsunami, major nuclear event, none built. Google Great Sendai Earthquake or Great Tōhoku Earthquake.

I hadn't connected the dots to the Tsunami. Wow, can't believe I didn't make the connection.

the biggest factor is that the poll can only be open for 7 days, which means only people who visit during that period can vote and only if they happen to see it.

If you didn't check the box that says close this poll after: that 7 days it showed is irrelevant and will not close.

Mine is from January 2012...

1595631160450.png

My 2013 is from April, 2012:

LC200DoorSticker2_08FEB16_zps214shkwz.jpg

Yeah, I thought the 2011 model year was carried over into 2012...in other words, no 2012 model was announced. And then after two years without a new model, the 2013 was announced.

For example, my 2011 was built 10/11, which most years would equate to a 2012 model. Given Gaijin's post above, the gap wasn't as long as I thought and though our trucks are two model years apart, their build dates are only 6 months apart. I wonder if we can identify the latest 2011 and the earliest 2013?

BTW - I have an LX...maybe the 2013 LC and LX were not released at the same time.

Last edited:
I thought that was the story I heard. Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, the tsunami did impact some production:

"On March 11, 2011, a 9.0 magnitude earthquake struck the Tohoku region of Japan. It was the most powerful earthquake to ever hit that country followed by a tsunami that claimed the lives of nearly 16,000 people. Entire cities were destroyed and many businesses were shut down, including four Toyota plants."

Last edited:
I lost about 2 hours yesterday watching news and amateur footage from the Tsunami. Absolutely insane. At the time, I was aware of the whole situation and had followed it on the news, but I mostly just remember the ***ushima disaster, not the widespread devastation.

I wonder how many of the 2018 plus crowd have previously owned 200 series. I’ve acquired a new one every 2-3 years since 2010.

My 2018 Lx is my first 200. I had a 2010 M3 and decided that wasn’t going to be my “kid car”.... So I traded the M3 for a 2018Lx with 88 total miles (in Nov 2019). I couldn’t kick my FJ60 our if the lineup (not sure I ever will).

That being said, I’ve got the itch for something sporty. Looking at an M4 GTS, 911 (GT3 or Turbo flavor), maybe even a Supra to keep it an all Toyota family. We’ll see.

I wanted to get the GF out of her Honda van that was out of warranty with the dreaded transmission shudder. We went and looked at new 4 Runners and she saw the new Land Cruiser and loved it but decided it was over budget. So I found a nice used one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom