Moby Dick Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moby Dick loves to burn gasoline but every time I get on rough roads or fill up at the pump the fumes are noxious. The vapor canister finally got replaced after about a year of dealing with the smell of gas. Sometimes you can fix the factory one by taking it apart or spraying some WD-40 in the valves but this was so easy to do. 3 - 12mm bolts and some pliers to disconnect the hoses. Piece of 🍰. Found the replacement on rock auto for a whopping $250.
52CA5101-90B5-43AD-ADD2-FDF3D7F88493.jpeg

Showing the age on this LC. Fixed the coolant leak at the bypass this past weekend. It looks like it had been repaired before using the wrong grey FIPG. I got the right stuff front Toyota and O-ring to get the job done. The black gasket maker is good stuff and it’s a big tube but you only need a little bit.

Changed the gear oil in the front differential and transfer case and added some oil Oil the the rear differential.
90CA96BF-10D5-43AF-9981-639B8D50D5E3.jpeg
B38A9463-AD83-4E6F-8A23-F39C0985267E.jpeg
283FE6A1-F223-495A-AFC5-6EF2AE8BDC2C.jpeg

Also I bought a different Bluetooth stereo module from GROM that allows me to use hands free calling. The old USA Spec worked great but I wanted the hands free calling the most.

3AE3EB7C-E02C-4503-844F-1FD99B00E580.jpeg

Took some guts to cut off the camera mount on the Slee bumper tire swing. Once I hit it with the cut off wheel it was over and so much easier to load cargo and bikes on the truck. Wish i had done this from the beginning now.
IMG_6843.JPG
IMG_6855.jpg
IMG_6872.jpg

Moby dick is still doing good. Here are some recent pictures of it. An interior shot, high five at Toyota Jamboree, and the transfer case low range reduction gears. Now it has rear locker with 4.88 gears and 3:1 low range. Gets better with age.

IMG_4244.jpeg

IMG_3176.png

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

Looking good! That transfer case mod is on my shortlist!

Looking good! That transfer case mod is on my shortlist!
It is amazing how much better the low gears are now! I always thought first gear in low was still a little fast when you really want a crawl. This makes up the difference. The 100 series has the power when rock crawling unless heavily loaded but man I can not say enough great things that happened when I changed that ratio. 👍🏻👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom