Mobil 1 Ad (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The fact that our rigs have become synonymous with hipsters really grinds my gears. I guess I should be grateful if we're talking about resale value.

First it was long beards, so I shaved.
Then it was Filson, so I kept my old vest in the closet.
Then it was tattoos--not much I can do about those.
Then they came for our landcruisers. And that's where I draw the line.
Doesn't that make you a hipster, owning a cool Landcruiser before it was cool?

Only if you make your own Biodiesel
Now that I definitely want to do, but I don't see it happening anywhere in the near future, sadly.

Nice ad...I run it in my Porsche but Rotella for the 60 and 80

Nice ad...I run it in my Porsche but Rotella for the 60 and 80

the MOBLE 1 ad is fundamentally & factually 100% wrong and very miss-leading too ,,,,,

below is the WHY ....

- it has rear barn doors , so is it a FJ , BJ , or HJ ?

- MOBILE 1 Phased out there 20W-50 over a decade ago +

- here is the DIESEL and PETROL / Gas Engines Motor oil viscosity charts ,

- 2023 summer was the hottest globally in recorded / written history ...

- it got well above 100' F here much of the summer ......

- note : DO NOT confuse the the fully synthetic topic and these factory paper original print media charts below , remember this rocket science proven API certified benefits of using a fully synthetic motor oil in any TOYOTA passenger vehicles in 1962 let alone 1990 ,

- i first heard the term from my Father when the below came home day 1 , spring 1989

3372C4AA-F1C9-4BAD-8E29-36CF9C0A3346.jpeg

843F4782-4E87-4804-9D0C-63BB30165260.jpeg

42F1D092-FD7A-45EB-B141-0C31092E3EE7.jpeg

8045955B-4106-4714-95BA-B1951C7110A9.jpeg

477E8C46-BD1E-46E1-8446-174D36E0013F.jpeg
84629103-934A-4524-8DCC-5494343B233B.jpeg

FA20E9A5-3300-45E6-AB3B-23D3C274EB07.jpeg

FF5C3D83-B60F-40D0-BBEB-885C03F1D044.jpeg

Last edited:
Been using the VR1 in my 56-57 t-birds facing that flat tapped design…no cats back then and Rotella 15W-40. I also have these 4 oz bottles of ZDDP additive I have yet to use

Also: if you have the intestinal fortitude to sit and read….this is loaded with oil data. It can be long and boring but after the first 15 paragraphs or so, there is some very good test results posted.

EDIT: it’s been a few years and the first several pages have accumulated loads of testimonials and letters of gratitude to the writer..so, scroll down to some tests and recommendations….i think you’ll like it

Scroll down u til you see this…that’s where the good stuff starts

IMG_3744.jpeg
IMG_3745.jpeg

Last edited:
Been using the VR1 in my 56-57 t-birds facing that flat tapped design…no cats back then and Rotella 15W-40. I also have these 4 oz bottles of ZDDP additive I have yet to use

Also: if you have the intestinal fortitude to sit and read….this is loaded with oil data. It can be long and boring but after the first 15 paragraphs or so, there is some very good test results posted.

EDIT: it’s been a few years and the first several pages have accumulated loads of testimonials and letters of gratitude to the writer..so, scroll down to some tests and recommendations….i think you’ll like it

Scroll down u til you see this…that’s where the good stuff starts

View attachment 3594641View attachment 3594644
I just want to be told what to use, I’ll let smarter people than me figure out why.

To that end, I use VR1 in my 40 and 62. I haven’t added and zinc. About the only thing I do add is about 8 ounces of Seafoam a week or so before I change my oil.

Mobil 1 makes 20-50W " motorcycle" oil. I think it's rated for CF, SG,SH,SJ

i will let the Man explain the why not factor here ///

m,

1711879313072.png

./

Mobil 1™ V-Twin 20W-50​

Full synthetic offering outstanding protection​

4.7 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for Average rating value is 4.7 of 5. Read 24 Reviews Same page link.

(24)
Write a review
Mobil 1™ V-Twin 20W-50 motor oil

Full synthetic offering outstanding protection
Mobil 1™ V-Twin 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil is formulated to help offer outstanding protection in four-cycle, V-Twin-type engines — particularly those that are air-cooled and tend to run hotter than other types of engines.
Strong performance and protection
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 motorcycle oil combines high-performance synthetic base stocks technology with a precisely balanced component system to help provide outstanding engine cleanliness, excellent wear protection at high temperatures and highly effective protection from corrosion. Regular use of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 motorcycle oil helps maintain maximum power output due to the inherently strong performance and protection provided by the synthetic technology.
Designed for four-stroke motorcycles
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 motorcycle oil is specifically recommended for lubrication of four-stroke motorcycle engines in high-performance motorcycles and meets or exceeds standard industry quality levels.

Applications​

• Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 is specifically recommended by ExxonMobil for lubrication of four-stroke motorcycle engines in high performance motorcycles.

• Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in Harley-Davidson.

So how are Mobil 1 oils for motorcycles different from Mobil 1™ synthetic motor oil for passenger cars?
It's a little hard to generalize about the difference between Mobil 1 passenger‐car motor oils and Mobil 1™ motorcycle oils. That's because not all viscosities of Mobil 1 passenger‐car oils have the same levels of zinc and phosphorus, and there are even greater differences between the two Mobil 1 motorcycle oils.
  • In general, Mobil 1 motorcycle oils have additive packages formulated for use in both motorcycle engine and transmission operation.
  • For passenger vehicles, fuel economy and emission system protection are higher priorities. These require low phosphorus systems and the use of friction modifiers.
  • Motorcycle oils do not require friction modifiers for fuel economy and for better clutch friction less/no friction modifier is optimum.
  • Motorcycle oils allow the use of higher levels of anti‐wear additives such as ZDDP (phosphorous).
Plus there are the overall benefits of Mobil 1 synthetic oil compared to those of

1711879572100.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom