Moab mechanic Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wheel fell off and I broke one of the wheel studs. I’m in Moab. Any recs?

Grand Tire, formerly Chips had done an alignment and times for me in the past with good service.

There are likely more local people (@DRANGED ) than me to give more recommendations.

Good luck, hope you resolve soon!

I stopped in there right beforehand they closed the said the mechanic would be back in the am and wor on it. it.

Roy Irish. Moab Motorsports. His number is/was on their after hours voicemail greeting. If not send me a PM and I’ll give you his mobile.

I’ve had good luck with quick service at Point S, and of course Moab motorsports is there too.

Good mechanics here are are kinda hard to find.
I'd say Point S for reasonable, quick and pretty good.
Bryson at patriot's garage (family history in motorsports)

I Don't know grandpa's garage, but I should find out!

Thanks a bunch guys

Grandpas Garage if you want to fix it yourself. He has everything you need, in a large shop. Really cool guy.

I don't see much internet presence except a FB page. What is this shop all about and how does it work? This is a very valuable resource for folks that have their own tools, know-how and simply need a lift and a bay to wrench on their junk.

Grandpas Garage if you want to fix it yourself. He has everything you need, in a large shop. Really cool guy.

Okay, stumbled upon the advertisement for grandpa's garage a couple blocks from home, today. Need more searching to be done to know where and how grandpa's garage works. Do you have any beta @kelly saad ?
IMG_20201114_103509.jpg

I think my wife might still have his number. Standby
Any idea how the shop worked?
Was it stocked and just a place to wrench? Leave a couple sixers and a pizza coupon for time spent? Etc?

Interesting how this thread went. If you're ever stranded in Grand Junction, give me a ping. I don't have a 4 car garage, but I've got most mechanics tools and I'm setup to weld.

I ended up buying lugs at Napa in Moab, and drove it home to GJ on 5 lugs. Swapped the lug in my driveway this afternoon, very easy to change on this machine. I didn't even need a very big hammer, came right out.

Grandpas Garage is just a dude that's been around the wheeling community for many many years.
It's not a place of business. It's his own personal shop. He's good friends w/ Rick Pewe. BFG has thrown parties at his place during EJS, etc.
The dude is pretty cool.
The first time I ever went to Moab I stayed at his place. All he wanted was out of state beer and whatever we (as a group) wanted to donate to him for use of his shower, kitchen, house, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom