Looking For a Mechanic In Ventura County (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellas, new owner of a 94 FZJ80 with 300k on the clock so naturally the old gal needs some work. I'm by no means a master mechanic, but i'm also not afraid to turn some wrenches. What im really looking for is someone in the Ventura County and surrounding areas to give the car a once over and at least let me know what exactly is wrong with it. For example its currently running rich and PO told us he had seen a CEL (we havent seen one yet), I dont think the center diff is locking (No dash light, still makes tight turns with relative ease for a 30 year old rig with s*** steering) I pulled the L4 spring switch thing today and gave it a good clean then reinstalled, but that didn't do it. The diff fuse in the passenger compartment fuse block looks slightly corroded, but im not convinced that is the issue either. The entire underside from steering stabilizer to transfer case has a nice thick coat of oil on it, but it looks pretty old and nothing seems to be actively leaking so for now i've just been doing my best to clean that stuff up so i dont feel like im just letting it sit in the driveway. I'd love to say anything helps, but I know how forums can be so please be nice, thank you!

Go to K&H Imports in Canoga Park. It will be a bit further of a drive for you, but you'll be glad you went there. It's a specialty land cruiser shop, and they're extremely fair with their pricing. The guys there know everything there is to know about a land cruiser, and I could have saved myself a lot of unnecessary bills if I had just gone there in the first place

Go to K&H Imports in Canoga Park. It will be a bit further of a drive for you, but you'll be glad you went there. It's a specialty land cruiser shop, and they're extremely fair with their pricing. The guys there know everything there is to know about a land cruiser, and I could have saved myself a lot of unnecessary bills if I had just gone there in the first place
I saw these guys on another thread, ill look into it! Truck drives amazingly well for 300k on the clock so im not super opposed to that, Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom