MOAB 2018!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have 2 spare mini truck 4.10 diffs, 1 locked one open/ready for lincoln lock. Spare square drive shaft, long and short longfield fronts, 1 rear axle shaft, t-case output shaft, fuel pump, couple 3/4 heim joints, spare hydro hose, front locking hub complete, spindle, hub, a few axle seals, knuckle studs, etc...

Tool compliment is pretty compatible with others I'm sure. 20 lb tank of air, cordless grinder, 1/4 impact and drill. All the usual stuff.

If all that fails I'll weld the crap out of it.

:beer: situation in utah is less than desirable, truck it in if you needs alcohol content.

Last time i brought 2 gals of north Georgia's finest shine, trying to again but looking very iffy. :bang:

The stores sell 3.2 beer but if you want stronger beer or hard liquor you have to go to the state liquor store, where they sell the beer individual.

Still have a lot to do and very little time to spare to get anything done due to work and kids. Will get it there, just won't be as finished as I would have liked.

Big thanks to Roger and others in advance for offering to bring the cook stuff - going to be relief not to "have" to worry about forgetting anything needed to cook (if necessary).

I've got most of the critical spares needed, front open 4.56 diff and a new ARB to put in it if mine goes, spare custom front shafts, 3 Longs, chromo drive gears for Aisins, big bonus I dropped off my spare set of wheel hubs and Aisins to Matt Sunday and he's machined them for 7/16 bolts and he gave me the ARP # to order the bolts from Summit, spare rear axle shafts and hub (my 14 bolts were machined and drilled fro Toy 6 bolt), long travel drive shaft (with wrong flanges) if I need to repair the front, and some mini double carden parts if rear needs redone, tons of knuckle parts, studs, bolts, spare 3speed bellhousing for SM420, etc. etc.

Biggest let down is I don't have the new cage set up for my tools, Powertank, cooler, hi-lift, first aide kit, etc. etc. Will just have to see what I can get safely strapped in and deal with it....

14 days to departure!!!!!! :eek:

Bill, you gonna have it put together by then?

Still have a lot to do and very little time to spare to get anything done due to work and kids. Will get it there, just won't be as finished as I would have liked.

Big thanks to Roger and others in advance for offering to bring the cook stuff - going to be relief not to "have" to worry about forgetting anything needed to cook (if necessary).

I've got most of the critical spares needed, front open 4.56 diff and a new ARB to put in it if mine goes, spare custom front shafts, 3 Longs, chromo drive gears for Aisins, big bonus I dropped off my spare set of wheel hubs and Aisins to Matt Sunday and he's machined them for 7/16 bolts and he gave me the ARP # to order the bolts from Summit, spare rear axle shafts and hub (my 14 bolts were machined and drilled fro Toy 6 bolt), long travel drive shaft (with wrong flanges) if I need to repair the front, and some mini double carden parts if rear needs redone, tons of knuckle parts, studs, bolts, spare 3speed bellhousing for SM420, etc. etc.

Biggest let down is I don't have the new cage set up for my tools, Powertank, cooler, hi-lift, first aide kit, etc. etc. Will just have to see what I can get safely strapped in and deal with it....
My rig is a 4 seater, rear seat pulled and a toolbox in its place. Just refilled my powertank.
For your ARP bolt mod, you will have to grind a flat on the bolt head to allow the wheels to slide on. No biggie, and the best mod for the hub/locking body.. I sheared all 6 stock studs in a nano sec crawling a waterfall.

My 40 is ready, trailer is ready,have a couple days work left on Spankys truck. Last Saturday my wife fell and getting her up I damage a tendon in my bicep and the ortho can’t see me till 9/7. Currently I am at the ER, wife stubbed her toe hard enough to break it a few days ago and did not tell me, ( she is in wheelchair so didn’t see limping),now it’s infected. Getting old is a bitch.

My rig is a 4 seater, rear seat pulled and a toolbox in its place. Just refilled my powertank.
Forgot to mention, there should be space in my rigs tool box.

For Roger!
Screenshot_20180902-122204_Facebook.jpg

Sold more Rover stuff this morning. Fuel money replenished so I won't have to ask Steve to share his Ramen noodles. Still more to go, but at least it runs and stops.

IMG_20180902_124359530_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180902_131630456_HDR.jpg

Sold more Rover stuff this morning. Fuel money replenished so I won't have to ask Steve to share his Ramen noodles. Still more to go, but at least it runs and stops.

Looks good Bill. I wanted to swing by your house Thursday and help out so bad but just could not find the time, spent way too many hours on the job site.

I still have an oil leak but not gonna tear it down. Instead gonna call it good, cross my fingers and say a little prayer. Started pulling my camping gear together...

Bill’s new wheel hubs ready to go... I hope there’s time to actually get them installed!

DEE1BC4B-960C-4557-8CC6-9CAE246C57E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Good time to upgrade to one ton wheel studs/Lug nutz

Just ordered another box of Dorman 4 Runner wheel studs (1.75"). This will be the 3rd or 4th set of hubs. I saw they had ARPs but my budget is toast and have other priorities.

St. George has a Chick-Fila, just sayin...

I'm done, forget about work I can no longer concentrate on it. 9 days!

I got a bad ass mo-chine! Check this out Ted!!!
20180906_121300.jpg

Thinking about an engine swap--- I still got time, right???

20180904_140258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom