MOAB 2018!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attendees that I know of.

1. Ted
  2. Roger
  3. Steve
  4. Elvi
  5. Nick
  6. Spanky
  7. Bill

damn, is that it?

Attendees are even harder to know because I think some are not doing both "halves" of the trip. Here are the people "going" according to the FB event page:

1. Ted
2. Roger
3. Steve
4. Henry
5. Nick
6. Rich Klein (Local, invited by Woody. Guessing only in for SH)
7. Bill
8. Bobby (invited by me)
9. Ben (down unda')
10. Kevin
11. Aaron (invited by Kevin Mosty)
12. Sandy (invited by Kevin Mosty)
13. Zach? (invited by Kevin Mosty)

Spanky and Elvis are in but not on the FB event.
Same with Woody - whoever the heck that random dude is. I'm sure he'll be at SH but no idea if he intends to attend any Moab trails. Anyone have this guy's contact info or know his screen name on here? ;)

37 days.

Based on my experience with STLCA events don’t count on people that check going on FB unless you know them.
I’ll bring food for 12 people for Sunday evening and Monday morning.

Thanks alot Ted! Guess you forgot about how I took you under my wing all those years ago and told you what a putz you and your IFS pickup were!!! Maybe I should have taken you out in the deep dark North Georgia Woods and tied you to a tree with a big ole orange sign that read " Young Virgin Male, come and get here boys".

Attendees that I know of.

1. Ted
  2. Roger
  3. Steve
  4. Elvi
  5. Nick
  6. Spanky
  7. Bill

damn, is that it?

And Roger, you forgot about Spots best friend Bruno? Buno says to tell Spot he's all growed up now and 65lbs of solid muscle, and hell chew on any tennis ball he wants!! He especially likes the ones the little squeaky ones! ***See above post reference Ted and the tree. Hes resting up for the trip!

20180626_090000.jpg

Oh yeah he also says to tell Grandpa that " Jeeps suck and hes gonna s*** in the yard anywhere he pleases!!!"

Henry I have Spankys 40 in the shop getting it ready for Moab and another shot at you, better pay attention.

30 days to delivery... I'm making progress but holy s*** I need more time. :bang:

Like my ol boss, Pee Wee Brisbin used to tell us.
"All I want to see are Elbows and a$$holes"

Heads down..

My punch list is getting shorter very day, but over 50 line items to check off myself.

My list continues to get smaller too.... because I keep crossing off things that I know I'll never get done at this point.

My list continues to get smaller too.... because I keep crossing off things that I know I'll never get done at this point.

A valid indicator of sanity is the ability to scope reality. Apparently, I am insane.

I'm still trying to be an optimist cuz how else do you have fun in this sport? Only things untested are the new motor (which still has an oil leak) and the "fixed" hydro steering so I should be good right?

onto little things like tires holding air and round driveshafts, aside form that I'm gud to go.

Aside from "thinking" I'm going to pick my junk up this Saturday, I'm mildly freaking out with my punchlist. It'll run, but need a lot of R&R on disassembling/reassembling drive line, front hub bearing assemblies, much less getting driveshaft (and spare) redone, along with rear brakelines, rock lights, etc. etc. Have 4 spares for trailer (two mounted), but would like to get bearings repacked too.

Will probably stop by Summit on way back Saturday and pick up a whip flag and some other minor items - but damn, it's gonna be tight. Ted is right - won't feel like a vacation until I pull into the lot at Sand Hollow.

Guess a year and a half wasn’t long enough. I still have several more days on Spankys truck then need to do check brakes and repack bearing and pull tires off camper trailer and put on 4 car. Then I can start on list on 40, it’s not to long as long as I don’t find other issues I should make it.

Aside from "thinking" I'm going to pick my junk up this Saturday, I'm mildly freaking out with my punchlist. It'll run, but need a lot of R&R on disassembling/reassembling drive line, front hub bearing assemblies, much less getting driveshaft (and spare) redone, along with rear brakelines, rock lights, etc. etc. Have 4 spares for trailer (two mounted), but would like to get bearings repacked too.

Will probably stop by Summit on way back Saturday and pick up a whip flag and some other minor items - but damn, it's gonna be tight. Ted is right - won't feel like a vacation until I pull into the lot at Sand Hollow.

If it was a week earlier you could just drop the 40 off here on your way south and I’d have all that done in no time ;)

Guess a year and a half wasn’t long enough. I still have several more days on Spankys truck then need to do check brakes and repack bearing and pull tires off camper trailer and put on 4 car. Then I can start on list on 40, it’s not to long as long as I don’t find other issues I should make it.

Roger let me know if you need a hand over the next few weekends I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.
:beer:

I dont have a punch list or any stress! You guys can fix my junk on the trail if it breaks. I really dont have a clue how any of that stuff works.
2012-07-29_19-23-15_643.jpg

Stress is a killer. 65* , I'm staring out at the Atlantic from a little secret ocean front campsite here in Maine! Oh yeah the burgers are smelling really good after 6 straight nights of Lobster, fresh clams, muscles, chowder, home grown local sweet corn (just com'n into season up here), and blueberry pie.

Hmmmmm, Do I really need to drive to Utah from here???
20180814_130412.jpg

If it was a week earlier you could just drop the 40 off here on your way south and I’d have all that done in no time ;)

Yeah - well, likely pushed back another week but trade off may be that he does brake lines, fuel lines, mods and reinstalls my old exhaust and bit more work on the belly pan.

Didn't get to read all of your texts earlier, sitting here trying to get a rambunctious toddler to bed, but think we can work out something to take advantage of your offer to mod my spare wheel and Aisin hub assemblies for 7/16's bolts. Thanks.

Edit - thanks for forwarding me the pic Patrick posted.

10259.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom