MOAB 2018!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put it on bring a trailer right now. Ask starting bid of 30k--- easy restoration candidate. Oh yeah talk about how rare it is.

Been busy fixing broken junk.
Spankys truck is still on the lift waiting for a part for one more thing that was not on the list. On the bright side I got the wheel bearings packed, brakes checked and adjusted and the tires on the 4 car today.

At least you're making progress, thats good.

A familiar story. Doesnt look good for me getting any seat time in rig before our delivery date so just gonna have faith. Ran it a few miles tonight but thats not a good test.

Also put my trailer on jack stands tonight to fix brake problems, will dig into during the week.

I just got my cases pulled last night finally. Unfortunately can't tell where the leaks are coming from. Could be gaskets, output seals, shifter seals or all three. Doubt I'll get much anything else done, so she's basically going to be in GSMTR form minus the bad leak (I hope). Just gonna have to take it day by day to see how she holds up. I don't expect anything bad, but the front suspension is terribly worn out. Hopefully it won't cause anything more than annoying noises.

While setting in town waiting for an appointment I use the free WiFi to load the cartotracks gps enable maps the Woody recommended for Sand Hollow on my iPad.

While setting in town waiting for an appointment I use the free WiFi to load the cartotracks gps enable maps the Woody recommended for Sand Hollow on my iPad.

you need my email address?

finally made some good headway last 2 nights. Think my trailer brakes finally work again and fixed a clutch issue. yay

If some else is interested here is Woody’s recommendation:
would get the free overview from Dixie 4WD, then add in the Sand Mountain Main, West Rim/Maze, and East Rim/Plan B. Those are the major ones I use.

Are all 4 of those under the Trail Hero link?

Are all 4 of those under the Trail Hero link?
The first one is on Dixie 4 wheel drive website and is free, the other 3 are on cartotracks.com and are not free, go to cartotracks and Click on maps tab then Sand Hollow

Got it - thanks. Will load the program on my phone. Miss the days of using USGS 7.5 min topos, but this is obviously far better....

Cartotracks also has maps for many of the Moab trails, I will load them once in Moab.

Good luck everyone...on the ride out and back / overall trip. When the stars align next time I'll tag along. On top of some other things "hail was hell" on me this year.

CAMPING GEAR

No need for 6 stoves and 4 grills and I'm trying to eliminate as many accessories as I can so who's bringing what?

I am NOT bringing a stove, grill or any cooking utensils at all, did last time and never touched any of it. Only thing I need in morning is coffee and I know there are numerous coffee makers in the group, I dont mind buying coffee I just dont wanna bring junk to make it. Also only bringing a single cooler, again never used my 2nd last time.

what else?

I’ll bring the kitchen including a coffee pot. If someone else want to do a group meal they welcome to use my stuff.
Ted might want to make provisions to lock any boxes you are going to leave on trailer, if they inforce the 60 ft rule at Sand Hollow we may have to drop trailer out side main gate

good thinking. I'll pick up a combo lock for my green box

from the looks of steve's enclosed trailer we could throw everything in there for security if need be.

From the looks of Steve's enclosed trailer we could throw everything in there for security if need be.
Yes. Inside or outside the gate, we can stash whatever we need to in there when my rigs aren't in it.

The Tota Toter is a Lance camper on a gooseneck with a propane Onan genset .
Fridge, microwave, stove cooktop and micronuker. The kitchen is open for anyone and I am a bacon lover, that has got to be cooked outside on a grill. The smell keeps me up at night :). All i can think of is a large capacity icechest for the group, and a daily ice run. Btw.. whats the malted barley pop situation in Utah? Need to pull a Smokey and the Bandit and have Iceman truck the Coors in from out of state?
I think we might discuss field spares. Just to save weight.
I have a 20 amp 120 power source, but no suitcase welder. Do have full set of tools including impact.
Spare lc80 front longfield axles, new ujoints no spare dshaft .
Fluids, lube, grease and grease guns.
Electrical parts, tools, meters.
Toter also has a work surface but no vice mounted yet. Anyone bringing one?

I am bringing a Wilton receiver hitch vice and both my 40 and Spankys have premiere power welders. I lots of spares including stock knuckles, rotor and hub, starter for my truck, GM 1 wire alternator, spare winch motor and a far assortment of nuts and bolts ,a set of link ends, spare u joint assortment

ops hit post bar before I was done. Also have a spare 4.88 diff and assorted diff parts, some of which work on mini trucks. Front end bearings and seals and other assorted small parts. I will also bring my Ryobi drill and angle grinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom