MLK day outing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We must stick to the topic at hand "MLK day outing", no side discussions per CSC By-Laws

I think it's the Mud Rules - not CSC, we all have a tad bit of where's that damn...who's dog is barking...I'm hungry...crap! I neeed to call Ahmet!

I love that seven springs/table mesa/new river area even if it is crowded/bumpy/dusty, etc (like that?)

<snip>

I love that seven springs/table mesa/new river area even if it is crowded/bumpy/dusty, etc (like that?)

I keep thinking I have driven most of the roads in the area and just keep finding more. :steer:

The only vehicle we saw all day during 50 miles of dirt was a pickup coming down from Humbolt towers. :cool:

Here are some pics

This was a very fun day!

060.jpg

076.jpg

080.jpg

MIke, did you notice what that metal piece that was sticking out of the tree? Looks like the tree has grown around part of it?

Don't know what this thing is in the first picture, but it sure is a nice one.

"these are all installations by which the gubmint spies on us" - as told to me by an old crusty guy we found up there several years ago when we went up in the little :cool: car

Looks like a great day overall. That's funny Claudia! I can only imagine how the conversation went. ;)

MIke, did you notice what that metal piece that was sticking out of the tree? Looks like the tree has grown around part of it?

Yeah we thought since that tree was buy a burned cabin site that maybe the power line or phone line was strung off the tree.

"these are all installations by which the gubmint spies on us" - as told to me by an old crusty guy we found up there several years ago when we went up in the little :cool: car

:lol:....pretty much as good as any guess I have. Sorta resembles a jellyfish.

:p

The white dome is an "RCO" = Remote Communications Outlet. These are usually located on the peaks of the mountain ranges and serve as repeater antenna's for air traffic in the area. As modern air traffic radios are line of sight for best clarity, these receive and bump up the power and retransmit signals from the opposite side of the range. They help out lower altitude aircraft with less powerful radios than those flying at high altitude.

That first array actually looks more like a wind detection meter, but I'm guessing on that one.

The white dome is an "RCO" = Remote Communications Outlet. These are usually located on the peaks of the mountain ranges and serve as repeater antenna's for air traffic in the area. As modern air traffic radios are line of sight for best clarity, these receive and bump up the power and retransmit signals from the opposite side of the range. They help out lower altitude aircraft with less powerful radios than those flying at high altitude.

That first array actually looks more like a wind detection meter, but I'm guessing on that one.

Sure... thats what they WANT you to think! :flipoff2:

:lol:;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom