Builds Mission Impossible......My 74 & 76 Build up by a Top Gun Land Cruiser builder :) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is off a Volvo. It spaces the pump perfectly and eliminates the "stack-o-washers." It also stiffens the pump, too. Look for a 240DL and get the whole pump with the pulley. It is almost as wide as the Toyota pulley.

Ed

I bought it from Ed... so I was hoping he would chime in... :D

thanks man!!

btw that is not how the pump is mounted now... and I dont have any good pics of it here on this pc

Thanks, I already got the saginaw pump and the bdorry's bracket. I tried mounting it up last night, but not sure I like just using one bolt on the rear to hold the whole pump to the bracket. Plus I think I need to space mine back so I can use the inner groove of the main pulley. If I mounted that bracket on the backside of the bdorry bracket, it would move the ps pump back enough for me to hit the wide pulley. any suggestions?

Thanks, I already got the saginaw pump and the bdorry's bracket. I tried mounting it up last night, but not sure I like just using one bolt on the rear to hold the whole pump to the bracket. Plus I think I need to space mine back so I can use the inner groove of the main pulley. If I mounted that bracket on the backside of the bdorry bracket, it would move the ps pump back enough for me to hit the wide pulley. any suggestions?

I will grab a few pics of how mine is set up tonight for you... now I have only run the engine for 5 min or so but it seems to be working just fine...

edit... here is the only one I have on this pc and it is not very good... but mine is running on the back smaller v pulley using the larger for the alternator.
IMG_2210.jpg

Last edited:
Been so busy lately that I don’t know where to begin... got new brakes and exhaust on the 4runner... I wish I had changed the caliper on there that the time also.... now I am going to take the all apart and redo that. Fixed the rear brakes and the parking brake. Got my buddies civic in there and got all his brakes changed. Been working at my dads place every night. Got our Ducks Unlimited banquet tomorrow, I am the treasurer of that this year so been worried and working on that.. Hope it goes ok... not much time on the cruiser got the winch on there.. Not permanent But I need to order some bolts from Steve, just been too tired to call when I finally get home at night... don’t know when I will get back to the truck, as I see no end in sight..

Few pics for you…
IMG_2514.jpg
IMG_2515.jpg

the old and new mufflers... and only one of my dads place... I will get a few more as we go along... got alot of work to do in a short time... finish redoing roof, new soffits, rip the rest of the siding off and put the new stuff on... (thanks for your help wheeler and Ted!!!)
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2492.jpg

looks good man hope I will get to see it in person someday out on the trails

Pete stoped by and we got the bezel on and painted... also drilled out the holes and got my bumper, brush guard and winch perm. mounted... those MF are not going to come off now... Used CAT bolts on everything... Thanks for getting those for me Steve!!!

we also hooked up the winch and cycled it a few time just because we could... :grinpimp:
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg

Damn that is one nice bezel......

Inspirational work.

Last edited:
well I picked up more paint for the SEM so I am ready to shoot that at any time... got a different buffing pad and the final scratch remover to finish buffing... no damn time latley... going to be done on the roof at my dads today.. almost 50 square in a week and a half... that is pulling the old ones off also... Thanks for Miller, Wheels, Pete and of course Ted for all your help....

I have a wedding this weekend but I would really love to shoot that SEM on sunday... we will see how it goes........

Electrical components need a good ground in order to function properly

got all the lights working last night... got running lights, head lightes, reverse lights, tail lights, brake lights, blinkers and flashers.... was happy to get them all working as I was not sure how big of a deal the blinkers where going to be. turns out it was a bad ground I had, that Poser, MILLHOUSE and lemon had told me about for the last fifteen-plus times that I had called and whined about my lights/flashers/turn signals "not working".. had to sand off some of that new paint :crybaby: to make it all work... '

cross that off the list...

going to try to work on tail gate, still got lots of things to do and get done before I have more dedicated cruiser time. but taking it all one day at a time.

wanted to head down the cities to see Poser and Millhouse this weekend, but dont know if I am going to make it.. see what the weather looks like on friday. Also been fighting off a cold last few days so I dont need to get them sick too.. so we will see how I feel on friday also... think I might leave work early today as I feel like s***.... :flipoff2:

threw that gas tank in there and the tranny cover.. nothing bolted in for good yet, but it all looks super cool... probably will not bolt them all in until I figure what I am going to do with the seats. also got the doors to do yet..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom