Missin the club and my FJs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, well its been almost 4 years now since I joined the army and its almost time for me to come home. I get out the end of this year and can't wait to see you all again, meet some of the new local cruiser guys, do some wheeling, get back to working on my trucks, and have a couple beers down at the Appalachian Brewing Company down in Harrisburg. :beer: I'm in Afghanistan now on my second tour and am patiently waiting to find out when they're going to ship me back so I can start the transition back to my good old civilian life. :) The couple rigs I got off Gary have treated me well the past couple years and I have learned alot, especially with the 40. So I just wanted to say hi and I'll see you all again soon!

Stay safe and thanks for serving. Now that you're a Triple Duece Combat Medic, do you think you'll get into paramedics?

You'll like what they've done to Rausch.

Thanks Blue. I plan on using the GI Bill and go to school for some type of engineering, not sure if I want to do mechanical or computer yet. I need to visit some schools, talk to some people, and just see whats best for me. Being a medic in the Army is one of the best jobs they have to offer but I don't want to do it anymore when I get out.
Ahh Rausch, can't wait to see it again! Its a bummer they shut down Paragon that place was great too. I really want to do a SOA and drop some lower gears in the 62 before I take it but should be good to run some blues and easy blacks how it sits.

Glad to hear you're coming home. No face plants when you get here. Did that ugly face of yours heal since I saw you last?:flipoff2:

Haha thanks Chris. The ugly old mug is back to normal, with some minor cool guy scars. :flipoff2: I almost forgot I went out right after the little scuffle and my s*** was pretty sore!

Stay safe over there. When you get back we will need to have a welcome home run at Rausch.

Hildy!!!

Bill, I can say that I have some interesting memories of wheeling with you. The term "wheel it like you stole it" certainly applies to your last run in the 62 at Paragon!!!! Yes a welcome home run at Rausch no matter the time of year sounds great to me.

Is your Dad taking care of the 40 for ya?

Take care and be safe over there. Gary S

Good to hear from you Gary. How have you been? Yes, my technique may be a little different sometimes, but that was my first rig and I had a total of about $600 into it including buying the truck itself. lol I surely got a lot of bang for my buck out of it. The old man is taking good care of the 40 for me again while I'm away. I was talking to him yesterday about it actually, he's going to have the front end re aligned, maybe do a shackle reversal, fix the shackle angles, throw on some new softer shocks and new spark plugs. I think the last thing I did to it was adjust the valves and put in a new hd clutch. The master cylinder was leaking so I replaced it, but I had it adjusted wrong so the disk eventually wore I ended up replacing the disk pressure plate bearings and slave cylinder too. Man I miss wrenching and driving that truck its so fun to drive and such an attention whore. lol

I want to do mechanical or computer yet. I need to visit some schools, talk to some people, and just see whats best for me.

Get it on Bill! :popcorn:

You can SOA your 62 with minimal work if its your primary trail rig, cut and turn is optional as the caster is more on a 62 front than a 60/40/55/etc. Just do what it takes to make the SOA low and fit 39's... : ) I am in KY but am planning to be in PA in August for the running of the piglets.

Be safe, come home soon, and get it on!

Last edited:
Howdy Jeff! Not sure if I'll be back by august or not, july would be the earliest and the latest I can possibly leave this place is by Haloween. Would love to make it to the ECPR. I wish the army was better at disseminating information. Anyways I am pumped to start school again, and from what I've read the 62 series is about the easiest cruiser out there to spring over, the only street use it will see is driving to the trails and back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom