mirrors clarification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see a fair amount of discussion on "62 mirrors" and "Aussie mirrors" which implies there must also be "60 mirrors" - and then I see some w these aluminum tripod arrangement mirrors like they had on 80s Ford trucks -

Can someone describe the difference, with pics if possible?

thanks -

And the 62 series mirrors also came in manual I believe, or at least you can get them as manuals. Aussies are very highly sought after and hard to come by.

And the 62 series mirrors also came in manual I believe, or at least you can get them as manuals. Aussies are very highly sought after and hard to come by.

like he said 62 mirrors come in manual too instead of power. i have manual 62 mirrors on my 60. huge improvement on blind spots BTW

Last edited:
To my knowledge all FJ62 OEM mirrors are electric. In the US at least.

I had a set of manual aftermarket FJ62 style mirrors. I went back to 60 mirrors because it didn't look right to me.

85fjmule has it spot on with those part diagrams from SOR.

Sorry to thread jack, but anyone know where I can get a spare 62 mirror with out selling my cruiser to pay for it? I keep looking in the classifieds and all I can find are broken ones or ones priced just below the dealer.

Canadian HJ60 came with the "62" manual mirror version. I replace mine (broken) with some used one.

Holy crap.

I have Aussie mirrors.

I need to post separately and see if someone recognizes my 60. It was a divorce settlement, I bought from the ex wife, in Sacramento, in 2005. It had sat for 5y. It is completely rust free, heavily undercoated, and looked well cared for to my uneducated eye.

I recently did an OME susp. It had all polyurethane bushings that came off like a dream, and the bolts came off like butter, every one of them with anti-seize on them. Someone loved that truck.

And I have Aussie mirrors!

thanks whoever you are. I'll post pics and see if you can reconnect with your 60 in another thread

Post some pics dude!
Also, on my way back from lunch I passed a 2nd Gen 4Runner, they mirrors look to be close to the Aussies, wonder if anyone has done those before?

Edit: Found this link just for a reference from an 89 4Runner... http://www.carid.com/1989-toyota-4runner-side-mirrors/item-1103987.html

to1320106_2.jpg

Speaking of mirrors, put some 62 electric mirrors on my 60. They had a vibration while driving. Pulled off this morning and filled the back with expanding foam. Letting dry now, then comes the scraping and cutting of excess. Will post up how it all works out tomorrow.

Last month I went to go look at two fj60 this guy was parting out. Well After looking and taking some parts off. I saw that he had some Aussie mirrors in mint condition. I saw the Toyota part number and offered him 50 dollars for the pair. Plus I had two other parts. So 12.50 each. I sleep with guilt.

image-3772562635.jpg
image-3772562635.jpg

I picked these up from a fellow member, painted them trim black and rebuilt the springs etc. with parts from McMaster-Carr. One has a different stamp on it but both Toyota. One day when the body work and paint is done they will make it on the fj60. Snickels you hit the lottery with that one !
20130110_192247.jpg
20130110_191208.jpg

The Aussie mirrors are really the Euro spec. mirrors. The Aussies got the same small ones we got on the 60's then the larger ones that came on the 62's.

Dyno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom