Mirror phone screen wirelessly to rear entertainment system. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure if any of you are already doing this or how useful it is, but you can screen mirror your phone screen to your rear entertainment system by using goggle Chromecast or many other casting devices. I already had a chromecast so that's what I'm using. Now i can watch youtube, Netflix or whatever from the phone wirelessly on the rear entertainment system. A lot of these devices are inexpensive and don't require an Internet connection so they are easy to set up. Since the chromecast requires wifi, it was a bit more complicated to set up but not so bad.

What did you use as a host router since you can't connect directly to the Chromecast?

There are a number of miracast units for cheap too.

I wish Samsung didn't remove the MHL from newer galaxy phones. I really liked using an hdmi to a TV on my Note 4.

First i set up the chromecast with my home's wifi connection to update it. Then i deleted that connection. After, I created a mobile hot spot with my phone and connected a tablet to it to set up the chromecast to connect to my phone's hot spot. Once set up I disconnected the tablet. Using android's Home app on my phone, I casted/mirrored the screen to the chromecast. The chromecast will use a bit of data on the hot spot connection because of the stupid back ground pictures it loads up when in idle, but not while being casted to.

The chromecast just need to be connected to a wifi connection. It doesn't matter if that connection doesn't have Internet.

will this work on the 08' ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom