Mirror Part Question (mechanism) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
I had a loose pass side mirror (glass was vibrating bad) and when i did the fix on slees site, it didnt help. I pull the screw on the bottom of the mirror and the female end receptcal that is on the glass portion was broken and can no longer be tightened.

I looked on the www.sor.com website (nice breakdowns) and it appears that the mirror is available in 2 different parts, one as a whole unit and one that says "Glass Only". i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if the "Glass Only" option also has the mounting screw hole.

Anyone? Cdan? :D

"Glass only" is just that, a piece of glass. NO plastic bits at all. The factory repair is a new mirror assembly. Many folks have sucessfully glued the head back in with sillicone or doubble-face emblem tape. I repaired mine with the latter, as a temporary repair, about 5 years ago and it hasn't fallen back out yet.

Thanks Dan

I am going try some epoxy and see what happens

Here some VERY poor pics of what is broken. It looks as if someone overtightened it and the plastic female threads split.

I just gooped it up with epoxy and ziptied it shut, hopefully this holds:

EDIT: After closer look, the hole for the screw is very enlarged and stripped! Time for a new mirror!

bustedmirror.jpg

and

bustedmirror1.jpg

Last edited:
I have fixed the piece you show broken with some success. The botom portion where the screw goes I used some kind of epoxy super glue just for plastic on the broken portion then several layers of JB Weld around the outside.

Also repaired the "ears" in the same fashion. Used a paper clip, drilled small holes in the broken portions, put the L shaped bent piece of paper clip in the holes, then JB Welded all around it.

It might not be as strong as original, but it has held up well on the 3 or 4 I have done it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom