Mini Tractors - lets see um (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrangling an 80 series axle out of the M416. Axle has been fixed up to go under the FJ60.

IMG_3560.JPG

Got my dual transmission in the process of cleaning and fitting together:

20191001_075549.jpg

Going to 'twin stick' for lower crawl ratio. It's an identical T92 3 spd transmission to the main unit, however the gear lever faces forward. This was an option on these tractors, and the floor pan is already stamped with the shifter opening

Working on a receiver hitch for the Power King. It's going to see some duty moving trailers around:

20191011_174351.jpg

20191011_193251.jpg

Got to fire up the welder and burn the receiver to the mounting plate.

Finally get to post something in this thread:

View attachment 2084740

1977 Economy Power King 1614. True survivor (I'm the third owner - second owner never used it). Kohler K321 14hp single cylinder. All gear drive: Borge-Warner T92 3spd, Dana 44 rear end, Bull gear reduction. Hydraulic lift and Cat '0' 3pt hitch:

View attachment 2084741

Spent a couple days freeing up the spherical balls in the hitch arms. Lots of heat and PB Blaster. Did you all know that PB Blaster sprayed on to hot steel also gets hot? If not, I've got a couple second degree burns I can show ya...

Love it! That thing screams "hell ya!"

Bush hog maintenance. The 4 bolts holding the transmission box are loose. What I have learned is that the blades and stump jumper have to come down to access the nuts on the underside of the deck. That necessitates new tools, a 1 1/2" and 1 11/16" socket. Blades are off, nut on drive shaft is off, but the stump jumper is stuck to the drive shaft. I've beat on it as best I can to no effect.

Do I need to hit it with heat? That seems to be the only course action at this point, and then beat on it more.

IMG_3731.JPG

Bush hog maintenance. The 4 bolts holding the transmission box are loose. What I have learned is that the blades and stump jumper have to come down to access the nuts on the underside of the deck. That necessitates new tools, a 1 1/2" and 1 11/16" socket. Blades are off, nut on drive shaft is off, but the stump jumper is stuck to the drive shaft. I've beat on it as best I can to no effect.

Do I need to hit it with heat? That seems to be the only course action at this point, and then beat on it more.

View attachment 2142929

Been there...I beat the piss out of mine before I went to the world wide web thingy...

Boom! MUD to the rescue. I hope it is many years before I'm doing this on my hog.

I'm sure it can be done without welding a press base on, but if you have a welder and scrap...it should be pretty easy.

Get video of that action Jim!

Bush hog tilted for access to the stump jumper. BH is chained to the tractor top and bottom to hold it steady. I first tried looping a chain behind the stump jumper and pulling with the Warn 12k on the FJ60. Tractor would tend to tilt some so I anchored the tail of the Kubota to a second FJ60 to hold it steady. Hit the Warn again. Stump jumper still stuck.

I have hit this with heat and that has had no effect.

Tried wedges. No go. Added in a large puller, still stuck. Puller plus wedges. Still stuck. The nut for this thing has a flanged base and I flipped that to hold the puller jaws in place because the jaws were slipping. Reconfigured puller jaws plus wedges have done nothing. Added in the winch to the mix. Still stuck. That's where I am with this for now. I'm going to let it sit with puller and wedge tension for a couple of days.

IMG_3737.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3752.JPG
IMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3754.JPG

Dang. Think I'll sell mine on CL and buy a new one when it comes to this type of dog fight.

Bought my house in September of 2015 and in November of 2015 I bought a 1961 Massey Ferguson Work Bull 202 with a 42hp gas engine from a family friend. I paid $5500 for it and I used the bucket and back hoe for all it was worth. I broke and replaced numerous hydraulic hoses mostly due to age. I also had all the hydraulic cylinders rebuilt and had to replace the original Cessna hydraulic pump with a much newer unit. The engine was a continental and it was like 6.5:1 compression. Was a great machine but rwd only and not good for the rest of my land. I sold it to my electrician for $5000 and replaced it with a new kubota. Here is the old girl leaving on a trailer the day before my new one came home

1583260855070.png

The new machine is a B2650 with loader, backhoe, and 60" underbelly mower deck. I've had the tractor for 2 years and pushing about 200 hours so far. All the implements get used to fullest capacity.

1583261160023.png

Hauling firewood

Knocking down trees:

1583261366850.png

mowing the back 3.5 acres

1583261405906.png

Landscaping
1583261463981.png

Nice unit! Beautiful property! Is that a chainsaw mount or the left side of your ROPS? I didn't get the backhoe with mine but can rent one a mile away. Still get jealous though seeing yours.
Now get yourself 3rd function hydraulics and an EA 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple and you will be amazed how much it is on the front rather than the bucket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom