Mexico spec shocks?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by bloc, Apr 16, 2018.

1. bloc

bloc SILVER Star

Hello,

Digging around in my favorite parts number program I noticed that on North American 200s there are two OE part numbers available for each shock.. one is standard, and another is "MEXICO SPEC." A preliminary search through my local toyota parts source suggests they are available too.

I was curious if anyone had messed with these, or has an idea how they'd be different? Different valving? firmer?

These are OEM toyota and as such likely only fit for stock height.. which means many here probably aren't interested, however for now leveling the front and ATs are as far as I'm going. And OEM shocks are surprisingly cheap (33 rear, 108 front)

Thanks for any info

2. jrcnring

jrcnring

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi, I have a Mex Spec LC200 shocks are set up for harsher road conditions. But IMO did not feel any significan diference other than in my case since my rig is heavier than most 200 on this forum the oem shocks gave out very quickly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.