New Old Man Emu MT64 Shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey All

Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 200 finally.

As any typical cruiserhead, i am already compiling the mods list.

Anyone tried new MT64 shocks from OME/ARB?

Search shows nothing...

Thanks

I remember the MT64's being announced, but I didn't know they were out yet. They sound like a solid option, but I haven't heard any tests or reviews yet.

Looks to have the same inadequate lower rear eyelet design as the BP51, which leads to bending the rear shock mount post on the axle.

This should rule them out, IMO.

Looks to have the same inadequate lower rear eyelet design as the BP51, which leads to bending the rear shock mount post on the axle.

This should rule them out, IMO.

Not familiar with that known issue.

I’ll do more research.

Thank you for the feedback

Not familiar with that known issue.

I’ll do more research.

Thank you for the feedback

Edit: I was going on a generic image of the MT64 series so we need to confirm with an actual 200-series application picture. /edit

In short the lack of an outer sleeve in the bushing around the post for support means forces are applied in ways Toyota didn’t intend, so the mount post welded to the axle housing is bending significantly. Rear shock guards seem to exacerbate the issue to a large extent.. but the same thing doesn’t happen to any shocks that retain the sleeve. Ultimately it’s a poor design choice.

Otherwise these shocks look like a really nice option.. especially when you consider ARB’s policies around rebuilding BP51s or the fact that they often end up being non-adjustable anyway due to frozen valving adjusters.

Last edited:
Edit: I was going on a generic image of the MT64 series so we need to confirm with an actual 200-series application picture. /edit

In short the lack of an outer sleeve in the bushing around the post for support means forces are applied in ways Toyota didn’t intend, so the mount post welded to the axle housing is bending significantly. Rear shock guards seem to exacerbate the issue to a large extent.. but the same thing doesn’t happen to any shocks that retain the sleeve. Ultimately it’s a poor design choice.

Otherwise these shocks look like a really nice option.. especially when you consider ARB’s policies around rebuilding BP51s or the fact that they often end up being non-adjustable anyway due to frozen valving adjusters.

Great info thanks. That’s quite a bizarre occurrence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom