Metaltech Slider SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1A05DE30-F725-488E-8070-2C1910BE339D.jpeg

In stock too so no waiting, who likes to wait?

However, also limited to stock on hand so when there is no more stock...

Any input on how these work as a step (thinking of my wife and daughter)?

Specifically why I went with them over others. There's a wider section by all four doors that my wife and kids use to get in. I added non-slip tape (like what you'd put on a skateboard) to help make it even more friendly.

Highly recommend!

They take a little getting used to if you are come from the OEM steps. However they do work well. I added some grip tape as well, and have had no complaints from the family.
Cheers,
Scot

these prices are nuts. I order OPOR sliders (raw) from them for my 4Runner a few years back and they were less than $500.

that's $652 shipped. Go find a better deal on welded sliders.
cool man.

doesnt change the fact that 4 years ago, these exact sliders were retail at $540, and they would run sales of 10% often, bringing the price to $486 (looking at an old email from them as I type this).

they have increased approx 40% in 4 years. that is crazy, and there is no other reason than greed. I guarantee you that the cost to make these did not increase 40%.

cool man.

doesnt change the fact that 4 years ago, these exact sliders were retail at $540, and they would run sales of 10% often, bringing the price to $486 (looking at an old email from them as I type this).

they have increased approx 40% in 4 years. that is crazy, and there is no other reason than greed. I guarantee you that the cost to make these did not increase 40%.
the current sale price of $654 is the SHIPPED price. That cost me another $297.75 in 2017. You paid more including shipping four years ago. :rofl:

Last edited:
cool man.

unpopular opinion for sure....I'm sort of with you on this. I've always felt like sliders were way over priced. A bumper I can see the price because of the fabrication and design work that needs to go into it, but these are just steel tubes that mount to the frame

unpopular opinion for sure....I'm sort of with you on this. I've always felt like sliders were way over priced. A bumper I can see the price because of the fabrication and design work that needs to go into it, but these are just steel tubes that mount to the frame

They are overpriced, right up until the moment they're necessary. But they're definitely not necessary for every cruiser, or even every trail.

To cost—I mean it's not like labor, steel, and shop space are perfectly in line with where they were years ago.

They are overpriced, right up until the moment they're necessary. But they're definitely not necessary for every cruiser, or even every trail.

To cost—I mean it's not like labor, steel, and shop space are perfectly in line with where they were years ago.

Yeah I agree, I mean they can charge whatever the market will support. If I did more rocky trails I'd buy a weld your own kit, but I can't justify it right now.

Fabrication metals cost more now.
Inflation.
Tariffs.
Etc.

Steel prices have fallen sharply since peaking in 2018. Inflation is around 2% a year. Tariffs are irrelevant for US made steel being sold to a US customer. So.... still not seeing the reason for a 40% increase other than to take advantage of the new "overland" community, which is greedy in my opinion, but whatever, I'll refrain from buying until prices become realistic again.

EF390903-5819-45C2-A354-7D53A9111FAB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom