Metaltech Slider SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got mine today.

And, of course, it is raining on them right now.

Seriously considering having them galvanized but that will require a fair bit of drilling.

The square u-bolts are oversized enough that they actually fit over the bracket for my ASFIR skid plate - which is good for me.

Got mine today.

And, of course, it is raining on them right now.

Seriously considering having them galvanized but that will require a fair bit of drilling.

The square u-bolts are oversized enough that they actually fit over the bracket for my ASFIR skid plate - which is good for me.

That's good to know because I've been wanting to pick up that skid plate.

Anyone have an inside-scoop on when the powder-coated 100 sliders may go on sale again? Have a naked 2001 that has been impatiently waiting for a bit and hoping they do a Black Friday deal this year?

Anyone have an inside-scoop on when the powder-coated 100 sliders may go on sale again? Have a naked 2001 that has been impatiently waiting for a bit and hoping they do a Black Friday deal this year?
FYI, shipping is quite a bit more expensive in the power-coated ones.

I just spray painted mine, but it may be more cost effective to have them powder coated locally.

Lots of posters on this thread think a small business vendor is Amazon. Chill. The 100 aftermarket is slim compared to the 4Runner or Jeep. Remember that when you wonder why bumpers aren’t $500 and items don’t arrive at your door in two days.

Back to tech: Have had MT sliders for over a year. I paid more than the price offered that others were complaining about. I could not be happier. These are stout and snug up well to the body lines. I used chassis paint. Easy to touch up. Kids love the step.

Lots of posters on this thread think a small business vendor is Amazon. Chill. The 100 aftermarket is slim compared to the 4Runner or Jeep. Remember that when you wonder why bumpers aren’t $500 and items don’t arrive at your door in two days.

Back to tech: Have had MT sliders for over a year. I paid more than the price offered that others were complaining about. I could not be happier. These are stout and snug up well to the body lines. I used chassis paint. Easy to touch up. Kids love the step.

Not complaining/hassling MT over the price. I don't think anyone is arguing the quality MT offers as that is pretty well-established fact at this point, or expecting a steal from Prime-days (if they were on Amazon these days, they'd be made in outside the USA, with 18k five-star reviews, go on-sale every week, and called "MetalTek", haha).

Historically, MT offers different sales every month on variety of things and I'm just hoping the sliders come up soon as they have done in the past so I can justify to myself spending $1000 instead of $1200. I missed the group buy earlier this year 'cuz I'm a dumdum. I'm a pretty loyal supporter of quality-made products, and hoping to add these sliders in the near future.

Not complaining/hassling MT over the price. I don't think anyone is arguing the quality MT offers as that is pretty well-established fact at this point, or expecting a steal from Prime-days (if they were on Amazon these days, they'd be made in outside the USA, with 18k five-star reviews, go on-sale every week, and called "MetalTek", haha).

Historically, MT offers different sales every month on variety of things and I'm just hoping the sliders come up soon as they have done in the past so I can justify to myself spending $1000 instead of $1200. I missed the group buy earlier this year 'cuz I'm a dumdum. I'm a pretty loyal supporter of quality-made products, and hoping to add these sliders in the near future.

Thanks @jad05k. My comment wasn’t about your post, which was/is completely reasonable. I waited for the same kind of sale. Hunting for a good deal and flaming a company for raising prices to pay their workers a fair living wage are totally different things.

Dangit, I folded and bought some. They’re great. Installed last night, took a little over an hour solo without anything but a milk crate and a socket wrench. Well built.

Also, 100% it functions as a step.

Last edited:
$100 off shipping of raw sliders beginning 11/26

F50A8F0F-9F56-4A3F-9F53-43180E158B86.png

Dangit, I folded and bought some. They’re great. Installed last night, took a little over an hour solo without anything but a milk crate and a socket wrench. Well built.

Definitely a great product. Very happy with mine ~though it took me a month of false starts (between cleaning and flash rust) to finally determine I should just pay $75 to have them sandblasted. Did spend some time taking off all the sharp edges and flattening welds.

Degreased, phosphate rinsed, and then painted with alkyd (rust bullet/zero rust) and topped with VHT.

Fantastic addition and very solid.

Can you post some pics? I need very functional Sliders that act like steps for the kids.

Pretty sure powdercoating is the only difference. I was glad to paint mine myself - but would take powdercoated if it came down to just the $150 price difference.

My wife and daughter use them as steps - front or back doors.

I'm bigger (just extra-medium) and don't have trouble avoiding them. So just the right size for us.

They stick out about 3" in the front and 4" in the back, the outer rail sits about 5" below the inside sill plate and about 6" below the inside floor level.

Last edited:
Pretty sure powdercoating is the only difference. I was glad to paint mine myself - but would take powdercoated if it came down to just the $150 price difference.

My wife and daughter use them as steps - front or back doors.

I'm bigger (just extra-medium) and don't have trouble avoiding them. So just the right size for us.

They stick out about 3" in the front and 4" in the back, the outer rail sits about 5" below the inside sill plate and about 6" below the inside floor level.

Thanks. Thats awesome

What is the difference between the poor and metal tech besides the powdercoating?
From previous posts it seems like the MT sliders may stick out more than OPOR, but you'll have to confirm that on your own. Contact MT and ask for specific differences
Looks like zero stock for LC100 sliders. Sale says only in stock items
I'm sure they'll restock before the sale begins which is not until 11/26

I know lots of guys go with rattle-canning instead of powder on parts that take a beating. But, if you're on the east coast - or anywhere with real humidity - painting raw metal is a pain in the ass. As @cmw mentioned, flash rust is real. Once you get the the metal clean enough to paint: BOOM - orange. It's probably hard to imagine for you life-long AZ, TX, UT... guys, but man is it frustrating.

My MT sliders were powder coated about 9 years ago. I've touched them up with a rattle can over the years. Last year, I reshot them with a fairly smooth bed liner from Home Depot - more rattle can. It turned out great.

IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG

I know lots of guys go with rattle-canning instead of powder on parts that take a beating. But, if you're on the east coast - or anywhere with real humidity - painting raw metal is a pain in the ass. As @cmw mentioned, flash rust is real. Once you get the the metal clean enough to paint: BOOM - orange. It's probably hard to imagine for you life-long AZ, TX, UT... guys, but man is it frustrating.

My MT sliders were powder coated about 9 years ago. I've touched them up with a rattle can over the years. Last year, I reshot them with a fairly smooth bed liner from Home Depot - more rattle can. It turned out great.

View attachment 2497700 View attachment 2497701
Are those the metal tech or OPOR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom