Metaltech Slider SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for all the orders so far everyone! More hundo sliders are being welded right now. All the prep work is done now its blue light time with hoods down. In house production done by Metal-tech 4x4 staff, professional welders that take pride in their work.

Remember our sliders fit and perform for all 100s regardless of AHC or not. When this production runs worth is sold out, that will be the end of the sale for them. 10% off and Free Shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

Photo was taken today, Louis is getting on it here:
View attachment 2305257

That stent/guide is awesome. A simulated 100 series frame.

Joe422, even with the heavy non-rip plastic tags we put on the sliders, UPS can outdo themselves and somehow "loose" a 70 lbs slider. Just yesterday afternoon our staff was discussing 3 sliders that went MIA during this sale with our UPS rep. (we have shipped allot of sliders so far) UPS will do their "search" then allow us to declare them lost so we can ship you a new one from the current run being welded right now. We will get you your sliders for sure. I so appreciate your patience with UPS, the shipping part is out of our control, BUT we can and will control getting you a replacement.

Yea, I heard about the other customers who's Sliders UPS managed to loose too.
No worries though. I understand its unfortunate, and it can happen, but I'm much at ease that Metal Tech will be taking care of us.
I was just uneasy earlier not knowing what was going on (and receiving only 1 side), while UPS updates didn't make sense.

Anyway, thank you Metal Tech! I know you guys stand behind your business, work, and products. I was surprised to receive a hand written Xmas card from you guys too for being a customer! I just placed an order today for the MT Scavenger Hunt pack!

Looking fwd to finishing up the sliders soon too~

Ok - anybody able to tell me about compatibility of these with ASFIR skid plates?

Does the front support for these sliders intersect the side mounting points for rear factory cover? Looks like they must.

And what about the hard lines mounted inbound on the driver's side frame?

Will be doing some research while these are sitting in my cart with my CC number already plugged in...

Having been planning to build my own but this is a great price.

Ok - anybody able to tell me about compatibility of these with ASFIR skid plates?

Does the front support for these sliders intersect the side mounting points for rear factory cover? Looks like they must.

Will be doing some research while these are sitting in my cart with my CC number already plugged in...

I'm not sure how the skids work bc I don't have mine yet, but if they don't fit, I just plan on trimming the skid to fit around the sliders.

I don’t have the Asfir plates, but if you give me ~30 minutes or so, I’ll see if I can’t get a decent picture of the front mount.

I'm not sure how the skids work bc I don't have mine yet, but if they don't fit, I just plan on trimming the skid to fit around the sliders.

That's been my thought in mentally designing some bolt-on sliders. In this case though I think the U bolt for the slider is just ahead of one of the factory cover mounting holes - where the ASFIR bracket attaches. If it were farther back I would just notch the ASFIR plate if needed.

Here's a pic I just found (again) from the primary ASFIR thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/skidinstall8_middle_crossmember-jpg.581619/

Not a deal-breaker just want to be sure what I'm getting into.

ETA - a pic would be great.

(Front driver side)
1589772520609.png

Thanks a bunch. Exactly what I was looking for and confirmation of what others have dealt with in the past.

Probably going to order them and figure out a spacer for the skid plate bracket ~as in the picture I linked above.

ETA:

Ordered 🍺
Can't believe there is no dancing banana emoji

Last edited:
Hardware arrived a day before scheduled.

OPOR sliders never left Portland - didn't realize because I didn't check the tracking details until they didn't arrive.

Sounds like I'll be waiting the ~30 days for UPS to admit they are lost, then for Metaltech to file a claim...

Hardware arrived a day before scheduled.

OPOR sliders never left Portland - didn't realize because I didn't check the tracking details until they didn't arrive.

Sounds like I'll be waiting the ~30 days for UPS to admit they are lost, then for Metaltech to file a claim...

I experienced the opposite. I received my OPOR sliders in a week but didn't receive the hardware. I contacted Metaltech the next day and they took care of the missing hardware. I received the missing hardware the following week. Fantastic customer service!

Nope.

Hadn't gotten any more response so I emailed again today, suggesting that some communication would help.

Was told they hadn't emailed because they didn't have any new information but also went on to say:

UPS is doing their "investigation"
They would send me replacements but they are out of stock
There is no set date for restock
Last estimate was two months out
They will try to get some asap
I'm not the only one

So there was actually plenty of new information. Just that none of it is particularly good.

It looked like sliders were still in stock last night -turns out that if they are in stock the order page shows the number available, if they are out of stock it says nothing about availability while you go through the checkout process.

Nope.

Hadn't gotten any more response so I emailed again today, suggesting that some communication would help.

Was told they hadn't emailed because they didn't have any new information but also went on to say:

UPS is doing their "investigation"
They would send me replacements but they are out of stock
There is no set date for restock
Last estimate was two months out
They will try to get some asap
I'm not the only one

So there was actually plenty of new information. Just that none of it is particularly good.

It looked like sliders were still in stock last night -turns out that if they are in stock the order page shows the number available, if they are out of stock it says nothing about availability while you go through the checkout process.

I've had a similar experience thus far. Ordered raw sliders based on the decent deal offered. There was no information anywhere stating that they were out of stock at the time. After watching the site for a week referencing "awaiting fulfillment", I finally emailed customer service. Got a response stating that they're out, working on getting them back in production, but they have NO ETA on when to expect them. If I'd known this, I probably would've gone another route. Kind of bummed as I recently removed the stock running boards and did a lot of bumper and trim paint work. Waiting on these to finish up some of the aesthetics...

Not putting "Out of Stock" on the product page is misleading at best - they put "In Stock" when appropriate. Waiting until the order is complete to tell the customer "someday but no promises" - not sure what to say about that.

Two weeks and two days since my sliders didn't arrive.

Not putting "Out of Stock" on the product page is misleading at best - they put "In Stock" when appropriate. Waiting until the order is complete to tell the customer "someday but no promises" - not sure what to say about that.

Two weeks and two days since my sliders didn't arrive.

Sent another email requesting an update since it'd been a few weeks. Finally got an ETA of July 10th from production. Guess we'll see...

Sent another email requesting an update since it'd been a few weeks. Finally got an ETA of July 10th from production. Guess we'll see...

I got told "7/9 from production" about a week ago. That was the first proactive communication from Metaltech to date.

Otherwise I have had to pester them for any response. Did get a couple of "we want to help" comments but they resulted in absolutely nothing of substance.

Couldn't be bothered to quote me the price to switch to powdercoated sliders when I asked.

If all this was a problem they wanted fixed it would be fixed. Either insure the shipments for enough that UPS cares, hold some units back to deal with the losses that are so common, or have replacements fabbed up within a reasonable time.

After hearing so much about their great customer service I'm not positively impressed.

My daughter was climbing out of the truck tonight and asked "argh, when are those step-side thingies going to come?"

Maybe two weeks after we get back from our trip 💔

Maybe.

I got told "7/9 from production" about a week ago. That was the first proactive communication from Metaltech to date.

Otherwise I have had to pester them for any response. Did get a couple of "we want to help" comments but they resulted in absolutely nothing of substance.

Couldn't be bothered to quote me the price to switch to powdercoated sliders when I asked.

If all this was a problem they wanted fixed it would be fixed. Either insure the shipments for enough that UPS cares, hold some units back to deal with the losses that are so common, or have replacements fabbed up within a reasonable time.

After hearing so much about their great customer service I'm not positively impressed.

My daughter was climbing out of the truck tonight and asked "argh, when are those step-side thingies going to come?"

Maybe two weeks after we get back from our trip 💔

Maybe.

Funny you say that... my wife and daughters all wanted to know why in the world I removed the stock running boards after trying to climb in the other week. It's actually a pretty big step up for me now, too. Really have to use that grab handle to pull myself up into the rig, but I'll deal with it. Pros outweigh the cons!

Funny you say that... my wife and daughters all wanted to know why in the world I removed the stock running boards after trying to climb in the other week. It's actually a pretty big step up for me now, too. Really have to use that grab handle to pull myself up into the rig, but I'll deal with it. Pros outweigh the cons!

Just thought I'd provide an update. Sliders finally arrived. Now the work begins: clean, paint, mount. These suckers are a lot heavier than I anticipated, too.

IMG_9891.jpg

Yep, mine arrived last week and I need to decide if I want to have them powder coated or try to do it myself. I agree, they are heavy!

As far as the delay/out of stock status - I made a quick phone call and had all the info I needed. They answer the phones and can help you much more quickly than an email. The promotion was popular and they sold out.

Yep, mine arrived last week and I need to decide if I want to have them powder coated or try to do it myself. I agree, they are heavy!

As far as the delay/out of stock status - I made a quick phone call and had all the info I needed. They answer the phones and can help you much more quickly than an email. The promotion was popular and they sold out.

If you plan to use them as sliders, rattle can is the way to go. I have a hard time powder coating something that I regularly drag over rocks...and that touchups will be rattle can anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom