Metal tech long travel rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 3" icon/overland springs. Only thing I would change is the longer icon shocks. Add the antirock and after its all said and done I spent $1k. Just not sure it's worth it.

Especially after having to remove or cap off the lines for KDSS, ditching that sway bar and adding the anti rock.

Regardless I wouldn't do it if you have price concerns

I have a non KDSS with MetalTec HD long travel rear and Radflo 2.5 shocks and no rear sway bar, my GX handles just find. I feel that I get some good flex/down travel from the rear. Next step is to pull the front sway bar and see how it handles then and travel I will get from the front.

Last edited:
I did that...it is scary. Make sure you plan for the next step lol

It's already pretty sketchy around corners on the highway and it leans pretty good in normal turns so I think taking the rear sway off would just amplify it.

I did that...it is scary. Make sure you plan for the next step lol

After working with track cars for many years, it's one step at a time, test and go back or go forward. I would drive it around locally first, mountain roads are not a place to find out it's really handles like crap.

It's already pretty sketchy around corners on the highway and it leans pretty good in normal turns so I think taking the rear sway off would just amplify it.

Maybe it's the heavy duty springs and larger shocks, but I don't feel that.

You also don't have the front sway off yours yet either. It definitely changed the cornering. I used to ride around with the CDC setting on soft, now it's on 5 to help with leaning in corners.

Coworker was behind me on the way to work and said he thought I was going to tip over due to so much lean.

I was missing a bolt on the front sway bar and it ripped off, bent the bar, broke the cv joint, etc.

So I replaced the arms with the total chaos lowers. Removing the front wasn't by choice lol.

Interesting theory about less under steer with removing both bars though. I guess I could try it and see what happens.

I was missing a bolt on the front sway bar and it ripped off, bent the bar, broke the cv joint, etc.

So I replaced the arms with the total chaos lowers. Removing the front wasn't by choice lol.

Interesting theory about less under steer with removing both bars though. I guess I could try it and see what happens.

More front bar more understeer
More rear bar more oversteer

So removing rear bar. Is Less oversteer or more understeer. Depending what you started with or how you want to say it.

If you pull all the sways and you run long travel it will feel like you are leaning at 90 degrees on every turn. Say otherwise, I have done it. It is not safe and a panic move at highway speeds is a flash of your life. Just plan on getting something on there and don't think you can do better/different/my stuff is good mentality. I have some of the best components and it is deadly if you don't account for how a non-sway IFS long travel setup runs.

then someone needs to come up with a quick disconnect for the fronts

guess I will leave the front hooked up

Hence my rapid adoption and install of the antirock in the rear. I was scared to drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom