Suspension question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys sorry might be a very noob question but i’m having a som shocks getting built for me by a manufacturer and they claim the front struts will have 5.7 inches of travel. Is that considered long travel already? or will i be in the clear with just getting some adjustable ucas

What manufacturer?
Not long travel. Might be extended travel. The motion ratio are almost 1:2. At the wheel would be almost double. 11.4" sounds extended travel.
Long travel suspension change the motion by extending the low control arm. It would be depending on the design. Some stays 1:2 ratio, some move it more outboard for better stability. Some stays in same location for maximum travel.

What manufacturer?
Not long travel. Might be extended travel. The motion ratio are almost 1:2. At the wheel would be almost double. 11.4" sounds extended travel.
Long travel suspension change the motion by extending the low control arm. It would be depending on the design. Some stays 1:2 ratio, some move it more outboard for better stability. Some stays in same location for maximum travel.
i’m not sure of the name but i got a really good deal on them and am really wanting to pull the trigger. their overseas but if i do end up getting them i will definitely make a post about them.

i’m not sure of the name but i got a really good deal on them and am really wanting to pull the trigger. their overseas but if i do end up getting them i will definitely make a post about them.
Make sure it’s not a scam.

Read this page. It has the compressed and extended lengths of shocks in mm.

1 in = 25.4 mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom