Members' Rides (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Per last night's meeting, let's see 'em!!
FJ40 in the Snow - sm.jpg
Topless 40.jpg

Before
47b5d629b3127cce9325e9f745b800000016108Acs2jJu5Zud

After
47b5cc32b3127cce964d47134e0400000016108Acs2jJu5Zud

Yes that's as much use as I've gotten after it since the SOA. Almost finished. :cheers:

The CLUNKINATOR!!!!!

Pretty stock except for 33X12.5s and hopefully a roof rack soon.
IM000256.jpg
IM000255.jpg

Last edited:
Not a member yet, but some of the previous cruisers...

'76 trail rig, 1st cruiser I owned, sold it before moving from Idaho to VA.
whellin_090504%20041.jpg

'82 this one I built for my wife, started out in rough shape but mostly rust free, sold this one as well before moving.
125-2559_IMG.JPG

John, where was that "ancient" pic taken?

Ken, I love that Troopy!

Here's one from Coal Miner's of me right before the front started to slide off the left, scaring the hookum outa me. Timely help with a side strap got me up! :eek:
WampumLedge.jpg

Last edited:
Cruiserhead05 said:
Looks like GSMTR, I could be wrong though.

Correctamundo! That shot looks like it's from Upper 2 if I'm not mistaken . That's Dale in front, and looks like maybe Ryan behind John's cruiser.

heres my stocker ecpet for some 32 11/50s on the i beleve stock chrome rims.

by the way imnewb on this section you have some dam nice rigs. that one looks like mine but way dam better.nice trucks everyone. i payed a grand formine then mashed right front fender in it has 257,000miles on it now i did last 4 grand worth.

Some old pics I have here at work.

Need to replace the head gasket, and do the rear brakes before summer gets here.
63301027avCTRZ_ph.jpg
63197947RMxmWj_ph.jpg

Just wanted to share some pics of my southern Maryland cruiser, I found it in Nov. 02 in a ladies garage in Indian Head. It was red with a terrible case of rust throughout, it had a 68 mustang steering wheel, seats from who knows what, slot rims with holes drilled into them to fit and washers stacked up to make wheel spacers, sitting on four bald street tires, no brake booster and a crate of misc. parts in the back. I had always been a cj guy in the past, but this sparked my interest. So I went home and told my wife, needless to say she did'nt share my enthusiasm for yet "another piece of junk". After a while I just gave up. Then on christmas eve I looked outside and low and behold there it sat on a trailer hooked to best friends truck. My wife had bought it for me, on one condition. It had to be done right! So the following week, a couple friends and I tore it apart piece by peice in about 6 hours it was completly apart and organized. First I completly sanded and Por 15 the frame, then I replaced all of the suspension including a 4" susp lift and 2" shackle lift. then the body, new floors as well as alot on pieces and panels that I made to keep cost down. complete undercoating and herculiner in the tub. then I bought and repaired some rear doors. the motor is mostly untouched except for electronic ignition and a new radiator as well as complete painless wiring throughout. I also got a front axle with disc brakes from a 78 goat and upgraded with new brake parts all around, also a brake booster from same goat. I replaced all of the brake tubes with a set from classic tube. After all of the body work, I topped it off with a toyota olive brown paint job, A cage from metal tech and a soft top. A kenwood cd player, A overhead speaker bar out of an 02 jeep, and seats from a 73 fj40 that have been recovered. Also I went back to the original steering wheel. All in all I have about $9000.00 tied up in her and 2 years of busted knuckles. I just bought a set auto meter guages I plan to install this week and Im sure theres stuff I forgot or blocked out because it was a pain.

Although I would love to have time to be a member of The capital Cruiser Club, with work and family I have no time. So for now she sits under my carport and is driven about 1 time a week. Now, since you have wasted time reading this I'M DONE
100_0620v2.jpg
100_0622v2.jpg

Ross and Allen, those are great looking 40s!

Here's the Taco in Devil's Ditch and a shot with the new bumper now in paint & sporting the winch.

Tommy
DSC00699 (2).JPG
DSC00874 (2).JPG

Just a little new paint

I believe the last time any of you guys may have seen it the 40 was still tan and primer. As of this weekend Ill be installing my new window seal and weather strip so that means im just short two new turn signals for the front end.
newpaint.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom