Events/Trails 8th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet / Charity Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_4395.jpeg

For reasons that are very personal to the organizers of this event, we will be adding a charity to our event this year. We hope you’ll join us in not only a weekend of trail riding, evening gatherings around good meals, and overall socializing but also in our efforts to raise as much money as possible for THE ALS FOUNDATION.
This will be the first year in which our event will not be free and we’ll have a formal registration period which will open in early July. Another first for us will be the fact that we will be a TLCA sanctioned event and all drivers (and only drivers) will be required to be members of the TLCA. We will also be purchasing group insurance through the TLCA (another first).
For those of you that have attended our event in previous years, you’ll recall that we have always met at a local restaurant on Thursday evening. Recognizing that a restaurant setting isn’t the best venue to meet fellow attendees, we’ll be providing all evening meals at the organizers cabins this year. These meals will be included in your ticket price.
We have priced the tickets at what we feel is adequate to cover the insurance and meal cost for 3 nights while leaving enough “meat on the bone” to make a sizable contribution to the charity.
As with previous years, this event is focused on the 70 Series Land Cruiser however
all series of Land Cruiser are welcome to attend. There will be a registration cutoff at 50 vehicles.

**** REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL OPEN ON 07/05

Hey, I'm thinking of going (if there are still openings), hopefully this is the right place to ask a few quick questions -
  • I'd be going in my 100 with stock AHC and 33s - would something like this be enough to do most of the trails? If there's a trail I don't end up doing in my own vehicle, would there be any issues finding someone to let me ride along?
  • Outside of the registration fee, I'd want to get a 3-day park pass, reserve a camping spot, and finally get my TLCA membership. Are there any other prerequisites I'm missing? Trying to calculate how much the total weekend would cost.
I'd love to own a 70 one day so I definitely want to familiarize myself with them first...

@Pulgasari while I’m not going to this event, Windrock has more trails that you could do in a month. There are all levels of trails. I think 300 miles worth? I would assume your 100 on 33’s will be just fine. @DirtNap was there in June so maybe he’ll chime in.

@Pulgasari , I did Windrock at GSMTR and would echo John's comment about the quantity and range of trails. I did "green" on Day 1 and "blue" on days 2 and 3, on a LX 570, completely stock except for 35's. At least on the trails I did, there were plenty of vehicles on 33's as well as 35's. I can't imagine any problem hitching a ride too if you want. Especially if there is a trail group leader that needs a navigator.

One thing (of many) that the GSMTR folks did well was pre-determine the trail ride routes -- so there were say 10 different rides to choose from. And some of the organizers could then speak to the route, e.g., "that one is really tight for a 200" or "that one will be no problem" or "you need 35's for that blue trail". So if you have any concerns you might try to reach out to one of those folks. Sorry, I don't know their MUD handles.

P.S. It looks like the trail rides are only on Fri 9/22 & Sat 9/23. So for the event itself, you'd only need a 2-day pass.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm thinking of going (if there are still openings), hopefully this is the right place to ask a few quick questions -
  • I'd be going in my 100 with stock AHC and 33s - would something like this be enough to do most of the trails? If there's a trail I don't end up doing in my own vehicle, would there be any issues finding someone to let me ride along?
  • Outside of the registration fee, I'd want to get a 3-day park pass, reserve a camping spot, and finally get my TLCA membership. Are there any other prerequisites I'm missing? Trying to calculate how much the total weekend would cost.
I'd love to own a 70 one day so I definitely want to familiarize myself with them first...
We try to offer trails for all experience levels and vehicles so that shouldn’t be an issue.
Your registration fee includes all 3 evening meals so whatever you would want to eat during the day on the trails should be your only food expense.
We should have a large cross section of 70 Series for you to see.
Shoot me a P.M. if you have additional questions.

Registration for this event will close on 9/11. 😊
If that were not my son's 3rd birthday weekend, I would be there. As he gets older, I'll plan to bring him down for it as a birthday trip and hopefully with a 70 series in the next couple years. :steer: That's the plan anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom