Meetings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My only request has always been: a place with a large enough parking area for folks to hang out and kick tires. We are a truck club afterall... BWW bar area is also cool, because the servers don't mind people coming and going and it's hard to gauge how many will show up. A restaurant usually seems "put out" after only 5 show up and you asked them to put 3 tables together. BWW never cares about crap like that.

I honestly up for any venue though.
What is everyone elses thoughts?

I'm good with a more central location too. BWW on 280 sounds fun, maybe a cool new place downtown? Just not sure if it's harder for everyone to get downtown.

I would LOVE to go to new places downtown. But not for a cruiser meeting. I’m totally down for a weekend evening for some live music or a brewery “crawl”...
let’s do BOTH!

B-Dubs sounds good to me.

20th better for me. Any chance we can switch things up location-wise?

I didn't mean to drop a question on the group and then disappear . . . but that's apparently what I did. I think someplace near downtown would be great as well - ideally something like Back Forty over near Sloss (with LOTS of available parking and easy to access off of Red Mountain Expressway). But I understand that's not convenient for everyone coming in from other areas. I also don't know the magnitude of what the closure of 20/59 downtown is going to do to people trying to come in from the east and west (I-59/20 in downtown Birmingham will close for 14 months starting in January: Here are the detours). I'm in favor of giving BWW on 280 a try. Maybe we can revisit at some point down the road if that doesn't look like it's working?

I would point out that anything out 280 is next to impossible for those in downtown Birmingham, and going downtown has the benefit of travelling opposite the horrible traffic, so it should not add more than 5 to 10 minutes, versus the 45 minute commute getting out of DT. Back 40 has great parking, beer and food, plus I witnessed an FJ Cruiser get stuck in the gravel parking lot until Cole could help them out, so there is indeed an opportunity for crawling!

do any members live in downtown?

What I was thinking. Speak now or forever hold your “piece” (as in fire arm).
Is Back40 (edit: it’s Ghost Train) on 3rd street south where Cahaba was? It’s where we used to hold our meetings, and it SUCKED for parking, once the lot filled up we were resorted to parking in the road and that was sketchy.

I’m open to the idea of it, I’ve been enjoying going downtown lately. A year ago I would have said KMA, but we could give it a shot. But it’s going to have to have parking. LOTS of parking. Not just street parking, but “crawl under truck to look at exhaust leak” parking...

What I was thinking. Speak now or forever hold your “piece” (as in fire arm).
Is Back40 (edit: it’s Ghost Train) on 3rd street south where Cahaba was? It’s where we used to hold our meetings, and it SUCKED for parking, once the lot filled up we were resorted to parking in the road and that was sketchy.

I’m open to the idea of it, I’ve been enjoying going downtown lately. A year ago I would have said KMA, but we could give it a shot. But it’s going to have to have parking. LOTS of parking. Not just street parking, but “crawl under truck to look at exhaust leak” parking...

Different location than former Cahaba. 3201 1st Avenue North Birmingham, Alabama 35222. Not a current satelite image, but parking at Back Forty outlined in red:

upload_2018-12-7_14-29-38.png

Last edited:
back 40 is right next to sloss. Good beer and a really good food. plenty of space. I was trying to think of where would be better for everyone to head home from.

Yes! I like that idea!
I REALLY need to get downtown more!

One vote for leaving it at Billy 's. Whatever though.

One vote for leaving it at Billy 's. Whatever though.

I've seen all kinds of locations with this group and honestly, I can't find one as unique and easily get to than Billy's. When I met with Alabama Overland there I KNEW it was an easy place to get in and out of, and pretty centrally located for EVERYONE.
We've met at bars, breweries, mexican restaurants, upscale burger joints, even fast food places... Billy's is the coolest in my opinion too. I'm open to change if it means more people will attend.

I don't care really. I work downtown and no big deal wherever it is. But Billy's has a very good combination of all factors (central location, good parking, good food and drink).

Agree that whatever location gets the most people there consistently is the biggest consideration.

Damnit. Flying the night of the 20th.

Need to do a Sunday afternoon or a Monday night just for me weewaayyyhhhyy

I wrenched today in a warm garage... BRING IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom