Medford Area Engine Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh phooey.... the biggest problem I've seen with rebuilt 2fs is lubrication issues. I hope it's an easy fix.

Thanks, Guys. I'm sure I'll find out in a week or two. Meanwhile, I have other repairs to make. The rear brakes were trashed and not functional so I have everything to fix those, rear axle seal and bearings are getting freshened up, making a new front brake line that was crushed by the PO, and will install the stock air cleaner after the engine goes back in. Truck should be good to go for a while after that.

Can anyone recommend an 80-experienced mechanic/shop in Grants Pass? Willing to pay good money to someone in that area who knows what to look for when inspecting a 20-year old fzj80. Please message me! I'm several hours north and want to make an offer if everything checks out. Thanks

edit: Sold (not to me)

Last edited:
Do you have info on the 80? I might know it since I'm here in GP. Not sure of a shop for inspection though.

Try wheeler Toyota, they are a well respected dealership
Thanks will give them a call in the morning

Cheers,
j

Just wanted to say thanks to those who pm'ed me offering to take a look. This is a cool community of owners - hope to join 'officially' soon.

Sorry it sold. Where about are you? We are more focused around the S. Oregon, but if you need anything to the north or east there is Cascade Cruisers out of the Portland area and Central Oregon Cruisers out the Bend area.

Sorry it sold. Where about are you? We are more focused around the S. Oregon, but if you need anything to the north or east there is Cascade Cruisers out of the Portland area and Central Oregon Cruisers out the Bend area.
Although I did drive down there for the first time this past November (Eugene - Crater Lake - Ashland and then back up through Portland), I'm actually in the Seattle area. I loved it there though. Beautiful drives.

He said the engine was not primed properly before start-up. He filled the engine with oil at his shop and built a priming tool to use before start-up this time.

I'm not sure what the tool is but I basically made a drill mounted screw driver to spin the pump with the distributor removed. Then run the starter with the plugs removed and with a real gauge installed you can see the actual PSI during priming and running. My old F manual called for packing the oil pump with mineral jelly to avoid any air pockets in the pump. Good for him, a lot of shops would have said tough luck.

It's alive and running! Saturday we put the engine back in, Sunday we fired it up and rebuilt the rear brakes. The brakes took longer to rebuild than re-installing the engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom