Medford Area Engine Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, haven't done $hit and I'm going to try again this weekend. If anyone is free, I would appreciate the help.

For the record I've used Bullet machine twice in the last month. I still like those guys. Not gonna be around most weekends from here til Sept. If you have a cherry picker it should be easy enough with one person. Just be careful because that engine is a heavy SOB!

Hi-Five to Kief!
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Did you do all that :wrench: by yourself..?? :meh:

I'm at a standstill since Keif helped me. I broke my foot the weekend after I pulled the motor. #sonofabitch.

Stan was supposed to start today. I've just been cleaning everything getting ready to put it all back together. Nothing major though.

Got word back from Stan that the rings fell off the pistons when they were removed. There is minor scratching on the cylinder walls but no real damage. No pieces of the rings fell through the bore so there is no damage to the crank either.

My next adventure will be trying to decide how to re-install the motor, t-case, and trans. Any suggestions? All as 1 unit or install t-case and trans first?

It looks like I could be putting this back together next weekend!

Two chunks unless you borrow my hoist, that one is too short, if you want to do one chunk. I have a floor jack you can borrow too. The driver's side motor mount should be replaced as is likely to fail with that new motor unless it's like new. I am willing to help but I'm not sure if my schedule will allow. I have a front hook too if you want it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom