Medford Area Engine Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I got a few opinions on engine rebuilds from guys around the Medford area. I'm looking to rebuild my 2f (blowby issue, most likely bad rings). I was first told that Keller was a good shop by a mechanic that has been helping me. Since then, I have heard that Keller may not be the place for Toyota 2f's. I went to Phoenix to talk to RC Machine and they only do top-end work and won't touch the block or the rebuild.

What have you guys heard? Should I just take it to Keller? I'm looking at $2500 for a full rebuild.

Home Page - Specialized Automotive Repair
I would suggest stopping by and talking to Devon and his dad. My experience has been very good for my wifes S4. They maintain alot of high end cars and have LC experience. Having confidence in a shop is a tough thing to come by but I have found this one is technically excellent and detail oriented. My .02. Good luck.

I'll check them out. I'm also looking into Lindvig, but I hear it's $$$$.

Last edited:
I would go ask McClure's auto who they recommend. I see them working on a lot of 60's and 100's, plus a lot of Subarus. Otherwise above sounds about right.

That guy (McClure's) is a character! He told me flat out that he would not work on my truck because he didn't want another project. I think he's over Land Cruisers. To be somewhat fair, he may have thought I was going to have him fix everything on my truck, but I have done everything so far.

Thats funny

I used to deliver to McClure's. Good guy and knows his stuff but he's not a machine shop. He won't part with anything he's got there, already tried... And in the last 10 years he's made no progress on any of his projects.
Just had Keller rebuild a chevy 350 and I thought they were expensive and slow with poor communication. I've used Bullet several times and I like them but they tend to be backed up and I don't know what their experience is with 2f's.

Try 772-00nine six.
Guys name is stan.
Had him fix an FZ head that keller would not. :)

Outside the box type guy.
Big tall guy named Stan off of West main? He is a great guy, knew him from the hobby store. Definitely call him, very unique dude but knows what he is doing! Definitely gets my vote.

Talked to Stan and he can do it. Looks like he's about a 2 week turn around and offers a 12 month warranty. Keller is about the same maybe a little better warranty. Both are about the same price (not knowing what will be needed). Anyway, I have about 2 weeks to decide as I started disassembly last night.
Hood Off.JPG

Is anyone interested in helping me pull my motor this weekend? I am all set and 95% ready to pull and really only have the transmission and transfer case levers to remove before the engine is free. Radiator/grill removed, intake/exhaust removed, all radiator hoses removed, all accessories removed, driveshafts removed, and plan to pull engine/trans/transfer all together. I have all the tools needed as well as a hoist and leveler. I'm thinking, with help, 2 hours. Free beer and lunch, too.

Not sure who is in town this weekend. A good group is heading in to Sourdough for the weekend. :( If I was around I would.

Not sure who is in town this weekend. A good group is heading in to Sourdough for the weekend. :( If I was around I would.

Who is going to Sourdough?

DId you find help???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom