Mechanic in South Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

izzyandsue

Izzy
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tactegra.com
i was at kinkos in Matthews the other day, and there was a nice FJ80 outside, an employee owns it. Nice guy, and told me about this mechanic he uses for his work. Any experience with them in the club? I still need to install my Ironman caster correction bushings, looking for someone to do it. My regular mechanic couldn't get the old ones off. Thanks!

image.jpg

Your radius arms have to be removed from the truck and the bushings pressed out and new correction bushings pressed in. The angle the bushings are pressed in is what controls your castor correction and this has to be figured out prior to being installed. I can do the job if they cant, 45 minutes south of the airport.

Stan

I did mine with a friends pneumatic press years back. I now have a hydraulic press you're welcome to use if you want

Stan, where are you located? I thought you were a few hours away from Charlotte. If you are only 45 mins, heck... I rather help a fellow member business. This other place is 5 minutes from my house, that was just convenience.

I know its supposed to be simple, but watch the tech used a 20 ton press and the suckers wouldn't move.

I know its supposed to be simple, but watch the tech used a 20 ton press and the suckers wouldn't move.

I had the same issue... LexTech did mine, and based on the trouble they had, I was happy to not have to deal with it. It took Glenn quite a while to get them out - money well spent as far as I was concerned. Plus, he had done it before, so I knew they'd go in the right way.

Now if I could just figure out the knocking noise I get every time I make a right turn...

Jeremy' did they do an alignment? Remember we had to turn the tie rod so they wouldn't bind.
Sounds like it is happening again.

They sent it somewhere for the alignment because they didn't have the equipment at the time... Yeah, something is loose down there, the knocking is more frequent and louder than when you drove it around.

He worked at Scott Clark Toyota and left a few years before I worked there. (97-01). So, hes definately been worrking on them a long time. Dont know much about him personally, though.

Dont forget about Johny and Mark @ Toyota Techs in Ft Mill. Great guys!

(803) 548 2688

He worked at Scott Clark Toyota and left a few years before I worked there. (97-01). So, hes definately been worrking on them a long time. Dont know much about him personally, though.

Dont forget about Johny and Mark @ Toyota Techs in Ft Mill. Great guys!

(803) 548 2688
Agree on this. Talked with Johnny last week and it looks like he may have a heckuva project on his hands. Has a customer that wants him to put a Toyota 4.6l V8 in an early 80s FJ45 :eek:

I am in Chesnee SC. 111 Dozer Rd, Chesnee SC 20323

Indian Trail. There was a guy in Indian Trail who was building up a 60 a couple of years ago. It was a black 60 and the guy's name was Don IIRC. I wonder if it's the same guy :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom