Mechanic & General MUD help in Costa Mesa area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am looking to have a mechanic / MUD help solution for my 97 land cruiser that my daughter will soon be driving out to the Costa Mesa area.

Everything that I can think of has been done, head gasket, and nearly everything on the front end is new. Everything works currently.

As life goes I am certain that she (I) will have a need for a local mechanic to take care of the various things that come up. I found Cruiser Tech and Topline and it seems that they are both reputable. It would be best if I could give business to someone on Mud if that opportunity is available. Besides the shops I mentioned, are there any others I should consider? Are there any Mud members in the area who have their own shop?

While she's pretty familiar with her cruiser, it would be great is she at least knew some of the local people with cruisers. Sometimes it's good to know someone local that you can bounce a question off of about cruisers. Of course, I've told her that if she needs almost anything done I'd happily fly out and take care of it, but I'm not sure that I will have my wife's support for that more than once.

I've got my west coast cruiser in storage in Costa Mesa too, so I am hoping that I'll be able to get her on some of the nearby trails near Silverado and Santiago Peak.

So, if you've got a good mechanic in the area, please let me know.

Thanks - Tim

Yotamasters in Corona is another one to consider. I've never used them. However I've heard good things. There's a guy in town (San Clemente) who takes his GX to them.

I'm investigating flint automotive in mission viejo. Referred by one of the club members.

There are a ton of yotas around his shop...a good sign.

Went by and discussed ball joint. Know his stuff there.

I have a reservation in the next couple weeks. Will report back on my experience.

Last edited:
Hi Tim - Eric Argueta, at Primo Motorsports, is a former member of SoCal TLCA. I just had him do a lot of work on my truck (re-gear to 4.88's, new axles, complete Birfield service, all new brakes/rotors, new suspension bushings, etc...), and he did a great job, was fairly priced, and had it completed on time (even though there were some parts issues). He's at 2009 Ritchey Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705 (convenient to Costa Mesa), and can be reached at: 714-852-3449. Best of luck to you & your daughter, and welcome to the area!

I am looking to have a mechanic / MUD help solution for my 97 land cruiser that my daughter will soon be driving out to the Costa Mesa area.

Everything that I can think of has been done, head gasket, and nearly everything on the front end is new. Everything works currently.

As life goes I am certain that she (I) will have a need for a local mechanic to take care of the various things that come up. I found Cruiser Tech and Topline and it seems that they are both reputable. It would be best if I could give business to someone on Mud if that opportunity is available. Besides the shops I mentioned, are there any others I should consider? Are there any Mud members in the area who have their own shop?

While she's pretty familiar with her cruiser, it would be great is she at least knew some of the local people with cruisers. Sometimes it's good to know someone local that you can bounce a question off of about cruisers. Of course, I've told her that if she needs almost anything done I'd happily fly out and take care of it, but I'm not sure that I will have my wife's support for that more than once.

I've got my west coast cruiser in storage in Costa Mesa too, so I am hoping that I'll be able to get her on some of the nearby trails near Silverado and Santiago Peak.

So, if you've got a good mechanic in the area, please let me know.

Thanks - Tim
Tim, the Cruiser Tech guys definitely know what they‘re doing. But they are so busy it’s tough to get them to return a call right now. If you can get in there, they do good work.

Tim, the Cruiser Tech guys definitely know what they‘re doing. But they are so busy it’s tough to get them to return a call right now. If you can get in there, they do good work.
Ive heard some bad stories about these guys, and the lack of return phone calls seem right on par.

Hiro's Auto Repair
They were recommended to me a while ago and in Costa Mesa

Ive heard some bad stories about these guys, and the lack of return phone calls seem right on par.
Can you elaborate on “bad stories?” This was a place I was considering. I met them and Cesar seemed pretty knowledgeable and fair prices. Being busy is a normal problem. If there is issues with honesty/workmanship, that’s def a real concern

Can you elaborate on “bad stories?” This was a place I was considering. I met them and Cesar seemed pretty knowledgeable and fair prices. Being busy is a normal problem. If there is issues with honesty/workmanship, that’s def a real concern
As stated above by another poster, their busyness is getting the best of them. The stories I’ve heard are them keeping cars for a very long time and only getting to them after being repeatedly asked for the job to be completed.
I’m sure they do good work, haven’t heard anything in regards to workmanship, but as a business they have some room for improvement.

I would love to delete my comment on post #8 but have had no luck.
Although it is honest, it was too emotional and harsh on my end.
I stopped by today as a walk in and we talked it out.
they opened a second garage across the driveway that will help with overflow and have more mechanics on sight.
As you can see above, even with my frustration i was eager to continue working with them. That should sum it up, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom