maximum flex with leaf springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesn't work so much for the OP but what about S-10 springs? Looking at spring rates XJ's are 640, s-10 are 1050 and then 1/2 ton Chevy is around 1400. They are all around the same length too. Anyone have any experience with these? I have no clue what the spring rate for a landcruiser is.

xj springs work well for me.Very soft and flexable.I do recommend a traction bar with these though.

If SOA and being wheeled a Trac bar should be used reguardless IMOP.

So how long are these XJ springs? still have not seen any length numbers.

Before you do anything you need to decide what you want to do with the car, what you want from it, your budget and what you can do yourself.

SOA doesnt really increase flex for the same bump clearances, it increases clearances tyre to body/chassis, under diff etc allowing potentially more flex and trail clearance.

Myself I was on a really tight budget and my car is a daily driver running upto 35''-36'' tyres offroad. I chose to remain with SPUA but still got excellent results with the front end, the rear worked ok but is limited by tyre to inner guard clearance, even with a 60 series rear axle. Modified front shock mounts are a must.

On this car I did a RUF (rear springs up front) combined with a 2'' extended shackle.

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

oh my god,I suddenly hate you:D nice cruiser
Before you do anything you need to decide what you want to do with the car, what you want from it, your budget and what you can do yourself.

SOA doesnt really increase flex for the same bump clearances, it increases clearances tyre to body/chassis, under diff etc allowing potentially more flex and trail clearance.

Myself I was on a really tight budget and my car is a daily driver running upto 35''-36'' tyres offroad. I chose to remain with SPUA but still got excellent results with the front end, the rear worked ok but is limited by tyre to inner guard clearance, even with a 60 series rear axle. Modified front shock mounts are a must.

On this car I did a RUF (rear springs up front) combined with a 2'' extended shackle.

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

X2, that's definitely impressive.

Thanks, was my old one, a FJ73, was pretty rough and ready, sold it and bought this BJ74.

Very different suspension setup in this one, I have 3'' lifted (now sagged) dobison springs, less flex but I can use stock ARB shackles for a better approach angle, combined with a sway bar this one drives much better.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

yep,63 inch? 2 or four wheel drive leaf packs?

Not 63... I want to call them 57s... been a while since I messed with them... maybe 56. it would be tough to fit 63s under a '40.

These came off of 4x4 trucks. 2 wheel drive pickups are pretty rare in these parts.

Mark...

73 and 74 series are my FAVORITE series. I want a HDJ(if available) 73 / 74 or HJ73 / 74

I removed two leaves from my rear ironman springs and added extended shackles. The ride is 90% better with great articulation.
Ill try and post some updated pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom