Max Youve Ever Towed... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here it is.

attachment.php

A good title would be — WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN

Last edited:
Bobcat, over two high Mtn passes in winter:eek:.
P1010159.JPG

SWEET you get the :banana: for the most dangerous for sure.

I couldnt think of another rubber tired vehicle Id rather be in :D

Bobcat, over two high Mtn passes in winter:eek:.

Isn't that Bobcat on the trailer backwards? I.e. shouldn't the heaviest part of the skid steer (Bobcat) be forward of the trailer axles? The counter weight in the rear is heavier than the empty bucket.

Post something on Mud and everyone will tell you how you did it wrong...

Of course, I could have always done it wrong too.

Isn't it a blast when you pull the Bobcat too far forward on the trailer and pop the front wheels of the truck 3' in the air? (don't try this at home) Another tip... Never put a shovel through the front entry/exit handles. The bucket arms make short work of it.

Bobcats are a blast for the first week or so. Then the novelty wears off. They're fun, but they're serious tools that can maim and kill if screwed around with. All it takes is the operator sneezing to throw one into a spin.

Bobcats are a blast for the first week or so. Then the novelty wears off. They're fun, but they're serious tools that can maim and kill if screwed around with. All it takes is the operator sneezing to throw one into a spin.[/quote]

Its funny that you say that bobcats are a blast until the novelty wears off god that is the truth there. I have put way too many hours behind the sticks! They are noisy,dirty,bumpy,and just plain horrible after the fun and novelty wears off. Although the newer A/C enclosed cab models are alot nicer than the older open style.

Also I think he has it on the trailer pretty good its the angle of the pic that makes it look to far back on the trailer I believe.

Thanks Guys....... This really helps.... Like I posted earlier....I was planning to tow a scissor lift to reach & trim both of my palms....But I had someone do it for the price of the scissor lift rental:D. Pretty cool huh? Oh and here are some pics..:popcorn:.. I now have to figure out what to do with this mess...:confused::confused: Notice the :princess:'s 80, my 60, and my dd 87 4runner....:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp: Though I have kept them stock to be able to buy them ..... but now IT"S ON TO UPGRADES...:grinpimp::grinpimp: Sorry guys this is so "left field"
DSC_0198.JPG
DSC_0215.jpg
DSC_0200.JPG

I put it on forward cuz I loaded it in the dark, in a snow storm and between trees, from a mud bank:). It is balanced properly though. I only use it to clear snow at home and the odd small job for the nieghbours, ie move hot tub etc. I don.t want to take work away from the local operators, and thats my story and I am sticking to it!

What size springs are you running? Nice looking truck by the way

No problem! ;p
towing-from-Iges---resize.jpg

Slee 6". Tow incredibly well.

Now thats a nice looking 80.

I once saw a stock 40 pull a school bus up an average 8% grade for over ten miles!! It was slow, but it got there!

IdahoDoug: You said this"I tow a 6000lb boat around 1500 miles a year - over 12,000 miles so far. I keep good tires under the 80 at high pressure, overmaintain everything and have AirLift springs on the rear axle for level towing."

What AirLift kit did you get? Do you recall the part #? Did you run seperate lines to each bag (to use them independently), or run them off the same supply line?

Im curious, because I might be in the need for an AirLift kit.

Thanks,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom