max ellery - BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fitting an original A/C into an '82 BJ42

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has the Max Ellery publication for the BJ42 - and if they could confirm if it has a section on the Air Conditioner?

Just want to find out before I shell out $50 clams for it....

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
when i 1st read the title i thought you were asking about Max Meunier ...my bad...sorry i can't help you with your question ...but...here's a picture of max :D
Max_Meunier%20sur%20le%201er%20dakar.jpg

Yes, it does...but be forewarned it's not a great resource. There are 3-4 pages dedicated to the AC. I haven't used it all that much.

Good luck

I agree with jfrench that it's not a great resource, it goes into insane technical detail in some parts but then lacks the most basic details in others. If your a novice out to fix his own car i'd avoid it personally. I have it somewhere in the shed, if you P.M. with what you need to know I can scan the pages you need and email them to you.

As for manuals for a BJ42 check out the diesel section, there is a sticky where you can download the toyota manuals. Only problem is the poor old BJ42 is somethimes forgotten about in these manuals.

well after taking a look actually yes it does have the aircon info only 3 pages of diagrams tolerances and such could scan them and email if you like
though im off out bush later today working for the week so would have to let me no soon

I agree with jfrench that it's not a great resource, it goes into insane technical detail in some parts but then lacks the most basic details in others. If your a novice out to fix his own car i'd avoid it personally. I have it somewhere in the shed, if you P.M. with what you need to know I can scan the pages you need and email them to you.

As for manuals for a BJ42 check out the diesel section, there is a sticky where you can download the toyota manuals. Only problem is the poor old BJ42 is somethimes forgotten about in these manuals.

Thanks Bee-Jay, PM sent

Dan

Guys,

I have started cleaning and re-assembling the original A/C I got for my BJ42. I found the power connector for the A/C wiring loom (gotta love the original universal looms). Now I just have to drill some holes through the firewall so that the plumbing can get into the engine bay, and then try and bolt it all up.

If anyone has any close up photos of the inside unit it would be great.

I cant seem to work out how to change the title of this thread..

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom