mark levinson amp wiring diagram for bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
overhaulmedia.com
The TLC FAQ has been great until now. The S6 & S7 connectors they show are different than what I have in my Mark Levinson amp. (2001 LX470)

Poured through threads on here and Lexus forums but nothing is working (e.g. I have three blue/yellow wires under there.)

Can anyone point out what's what on these harnesses and how to connect them to bypass?

I already ran a set of 9 wire to the amp area from the HU and the HU is all connected apart from speakers.

Here's the two harnesses I have for the amp.

Helllllp

When you say nothing is working what do you mean? No power to head unit? I have a FSM for the 2002 but not the Mark Levinson. In my manual the 3 blue/yellow are the power wires.

Well I had it powering up but no sound. Then started just trying out different things because I know I do not have it bypassed correctly. Then I stopped before something went wrong.

Do you have a multimeter? Have you found your 12V Hot, 12V switched and ground? Do you have 12V at the Head Unit with those plugs undone from the amp? If not check the 12V wires to chassis ground to see if you may be missing a ground. On many of the systems the head unit gets its' ground via the s7 connector so you will need to either ground it or find one to tap into.

I do but it's gone into the garage abyss or loaned out and never returned. I am pretty certain the blue/yellow(+B ?) & grey (Acc +?) are hot.

I believe my HU wiring is right as the connector (r36) matched the TLC FAQ. I cut the harness off and connected to pioneer harness.

Would there be no sound but power with no ground? There is a black wire in the one connector that could be a signal ground but I assumed it was speaker since it matched up with the other side. There's also a (brown) chassis ground/bolt ground coming out of the floor that I am pretty sure is connected to the HU ground.

That bolt under the seat that is the chassis ground relies on s7 to ground the HU. At least on the ones I have seen if it is not plugged in you do not have your HU grounded. You can always rig up a jumper just to ground your HU to see what happens

but I still need to sort out the other bypass connections. I'm pretty confident of that one. Its the only brown wire anywhere of that gauge and appears to head up to the HU.

You need a multi meter. There should be a blue 12v constant, gray 12V switched and Ground wire. The others could be anything including power to feed the DVD player, power from the fuse block etc.

Attachments

• TOYOTA Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 89,803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom