Manual Seat Extensions for 6’3 drivers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cant seem to find brackets to extend the front manual seats back more. My knees are so close to the steering wheel as it is. Saw the brackets for the power seats but nothing for manual. Any insight would be appreciated.

I use these...it's surprising how much a little bump can give on your legroom.

My only "complaint" is that the seat back could stand to have one notch forward on the adjustment...I have mine all the way up, and still get a little bit of a laid back feel. Once I'm in the truck and driving for a few minutes, I forget all about it and it's very comfortable. I have a bum right knee that can get fatigued when driving, but no issues for a few hour road trip now. :steer:

Last edited:
I use these...it's surprising how much a little bump can give on your legroom.

My only "complaint" is that the seat back could stand to have one notch forward on the adjustment...I have mine all the way up, and still get a little bit of a laid back feel. Once I'm in the truck and driving for a few minutes, I forget all about it and it's very comfortable. I have a bum right knee that can get fatigued when driving, but no issues for a few hour road trip now. :steer:

I have those and they made a big difference in comfort with the thigh support they create.

This is what you want..

I think with the way the front of the manual seat mounts, you may end up fabricating a custom bracket if the Landtank one doesn't work. I don't think it'd be super difficult, but I do think you'll end up raising the front to get up and over the body reinforcement that the seat bracket is bolted to the front of.

I googled it - this post seems like a great approach: So i bought Landtank seat rail extenders before i realized they are for power seats - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/so-i-bought-landtank-seat-rail-extenders-before-i-realized-they-are-for-power-seats.639452/post-8083756

Here's another idea that could be fabricated easily: Four More Inches (Leg Room that is) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/four-more-inches-leg-room-that-is.73635/

Last edited:
I overlooked the manual seats part. Thanks for the correction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom