Magnaflow 11226 or 11236 for the GX460? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I've been doing some research on aftermarket mufflers for the GX460...

I'm really not the type to put exhaust on anything, but the GX is so muted while on the throttle, I'm considering getting a muffler which will let the V8s presence be known to me at WOT.

I want to minimize any extra noise in the cabin while cruising at highway speeds (60-80mph), and definitely don't want drone. My ideal aftermarket muffler would only make the V8 known while on the throttle.

That being said, it seems like two popular choices from Magnaflow are the Magnaflow 11226 (center/offset) and the Magnaflow 11236 (offset/offset).

In theory, the offset/offset 11236 should be quieter than the center/offset 11226, though I haven't found anyone comparing the two directly.

Does anyone have insights on which muffler may be better suited for my purposes?

Thanks,

Arch

Dunno if it’ll help but I’m going to install this muffler hopefully in Feb. I’ll be doing a stock vs this muffler comparison

43663E6C-1E10-4493-A187-58C02DC1C1D8.jpeg

Interesting, I was looking at the 14586.

I ended up going with the 11226. Just got it welded in today at lunch hour.

Immediate impression is that it is exactly what I had in mind. There is zero difference in exhaust note when the car is at warm idle-- the car is basically silent. While accelerating, the exhaust is now more audible, with a pleasant, slightly louder, deeper tone.

When cruising, there is a more noticeable exhaust note when throttle is applied. When throttle is let off, the exhaust note goes away.

I will report back after my first long road trip, which will be San Diego --> Portland --> San Diego (2000 miles roundtrip) in April about my thoughts on the 11226 for extended highway driving.

Once you all have them installed I would really appreciate detailed exhaust tip pics in relation to the frame. Once I Install my LFD bumper the resonator is going to be poking out substantially. Not sure if I just want to cut it off or complete cat back system.

I ended up going with the 11226. Just got it welded in today at lunch hour.

Immediate impression is that it is exactly what I had in mind. There is zero difference in exhaust note when the car is at warm idle-- the car is basically silent. While accelerating, the exhaust is now more audible, with a pleasant, slightly louder, deeper tone.

When cruising, there is a more noticeable exhaust note when throttle is applied. When throttle is let off, the exhaust note goes away.

I will report back after my first long road trip, which will be San Diego --> Portland --> San Diego (2000 miles roundtrip) in April about my thoughts on the 11226 for extended highway driving.

Awesome! Any drone with cruise control usage? I'd love to hear some videos of the idle, light throttle, mixed driving from inside the cabin and a WOT fly-by if you've got the time. Plus I know I'm not the only one who would want them. LOL

It's hilarious to me that they make an "overland series" exhaust. Other than intentionally pissing other people off, there is no advantage of a louder exhaust for "overlanding". This is American marketing at it's finest; Sell same s*** we have been selling for years, just change the name to the latest hot button phrase; "overland".

Anyone got pictures of the muffler installed? I plan on going with a magnaflow muffler.

I’ll have to take a pic underneath. I cannot did the install video while at the muffler shop.

It's hilarious to me that they make an "overland series" exhaust. Other than intentionally pissing other people off, there is no advantage of a louder exhaust for "overlanding". This is American marketing at it's finest; Sell same s*** we have been selling for years, just change the name to the latest hot button phrase; "overland".
Yeah but the system also has a high clearance tailpipe, which definitely is applicable to overlanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom