Maf fj60 powerpack performance kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I am thinking about doing this Powerpack FJ60

To my FJ60 anyone have it on their FJ? is there any problems? Should I not do it? How does the Webber Carb handle on the hills and of camber, does it get affected by it?

No reason to do this.

Your existing distributor is better than a DUI unit.

Your existing carb is a far better carb than any Weber.

The header may provide a few extra high rpm horsepower, but how oftern do you operate it at high rpm?

$1500? They have got to be kidding.

This kit also means a desmog. If that's legal in your area, then desmog with your existing parts. Send carb and distributor to JimC, have them rebuit for a desmog for $400. then follow the desmog instructions on this site. I just saved you $1100 and you stayed all Toyota.

Don't spend your $$ on stuff you don't need, since there will be lots of stuff you do need!

No reason to do this.

Your existing distributor is better than a DUI unit.

Your existing carb is a far better carb than any Weber.

The header may provide a few extra high rpm horsepower, but how oftern do you operate it at high rpm?

$1500? They have got to be kidding.

This kit also means a desmog. If that's legal in your area, then desmog with your existing parts. Send carb and distributor to JimC, have them rebuit for a desmog for $400. then follow the desmog instructions on this site. I just saved you $1100 and you stayed all Toyota.

Don't spend your $$ on stuff you don't need, since there will be lots of stuff you do need!

Excuse me, but my experience differs in the extreme from what you're saying. First, I have done two FJ60 desmogs with the addition of an MAF header and Webers on both. My opinion of the stock carb is that it might have worked at one time, but most don't work any more, and without the 28 hoses attached to it, who knows if it will ever work. The power gains from this were quite dramatic, and not just on the top end as you suggest, but throughout the entire RPM range. I don't know much about the DUI distributor, the Toyota distributor is a very solid unit. You can get them recurved for a performance gain. If you must keep the 2F, I highly reccomend a desmog, a header and a Weber. I have tried other carbs as well, but in the land of two-barrell carbs, the Weber is my favorite by far. And I NEVER had it sputter, flood, refuse to start, or fail an emissions test. Get the 38/38, the 32/36 is a bit small for the 2F. You will have to re-jet for altitude and deal with the install. If your reasonaby competent mechanicaly, it's no big deal.

Last edited:
One more thing

MAF cannot be taken seriously with thier claims of milage and horsepower gains; take that with a grain of salt. And they may not be the best source for your stuff either. Check around. I stopped doing business with them years ago after some horrible transactions.

MAF FJ 60 powerpack

I have this system on my 1985 FJ 60. I did notice a big difference in the power but at the expense of gas milage. With some playing with the jetting I have found a balance between power and mileage. Hills that I would go up at 45 mph I now can do 55-60. Off the line power has been increased as well.
You do need to modify the air rail to resue it. I passed the smog test here in Texas with no problem. Sell the old carb and dist and you will make up half the price of the powerpack.

save your money.

If your carb is in need of rebuild, the Weber would be an improvement. But not over a well-rebuilt stock carb.

Almost the same on the exhaust: if you have the inevitable intake manifold leak and/or cracked exhaust, the 6-2-1 system is an improvement over even a good stock exhaust.

In either case, be certain if/when you decide to desmog a car: it makes it unregisterable & unsellable in a smog area.

Save your money. I too believe that the stock carb and dizzy are way better than the aftermarket ones. However, they more than likely could use some attention. Rebuilds might be in order for optimal performance.

As for the exhaust, if nothing is wrong with the current one, do nothing. If something is wrong that would cause you to remove it, and your smog laws allow for it, consider a header. People have different opinions of these, but I like mine on my 60 and 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom