M716 into a Camp Trailer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maiden Voyage

Got to test the trailer last weekend. Towed beautifully with new springs installed. All systems are working and we set it up in just a few minutes.
Cheers,
Greg

DSCN0796.jpg

DSCN0801.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

"Bistro's" First Expedition

We have named the trailer Bistro. Small cafe below with an apartment on top.

Just finished an 1100 plus mile trip from SF through Oroville, Susanville, Black Rock Desert, Lassen Creek, Burney and home again. We clocked over 800 miles off pavement. Bistro did great with a couple needed improvements: maybe a solar panel to refresh battery when camped for extended period; a faulty door handle that had to be duct taped; some paint chipped and dinged from flying rocks. Otherwise no worries-Bistro followed loyally everywhere we dragged it including over some rough stuff. Bistro was on one wheel several times, but never tipped. Weather tight so never got dust or water inside.

A couple photos attached: near Elephant's Playground, between Oroville and Susanville, CA; set up at Steven's Camp, near High Rock Canyon, NV; and camped near Lassen Creek, CA.

DSC01445.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

DSCN1079.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful build once again!! Do you disconnect the battery when not in use? Just curious how these batteries work without an alternator to keep them charged. Where's the tank for the water? Thanks for all of your informative and inspiring posts!!

Battery,etc

Thanks for the compliments. I have a trickle charger installed inside and plug the trailer in when at home. I am looking at solar panel solutions for long term camping, but find that the batter holds enough for 3-4 days without charging. My trailer plug has a wire that runs from alternator to battery so it will charge when towing.

The water tank is in between the kitchen and the refrigerator.

After three big trips, no big problems. I do have to be careful picking lines off road as the trailer wheel spacing is a bit more narrow than Dingo. As a result I tipped Bistro over on some rocks. The other lesson learned is to lower the trailer tire pressure when you lower the vehicle's. The driver behind me said Bistro's tire bounced on a rock like a ball, then slowly tipped over.
No major damage; a dent in the fender and some perforation of my ARB awning...
DSCN1919.jpg
DSCN1939.jpg
DSCN1941.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool build. Thanks for sharing. Wish I had seen it for sale sooner. :( Anyway. good looking build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom