M101 teardown pics!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tear down and rebuild started, I bought the new Response shocks from NAPA, I have bought all new class 8 bolts, I have a CDN m101 spare wheel on its way next week, I put on a FJ60 spare tire hoist, I am going to pressure wash underneath and undercoated myself and then hanve the springs and frame painted black POR and the fenders will be black also and the body a silver grey like my BJ will be, redo the springs with new bolts, redo the brakes, I just bought new M416 safety chains for they have bigger hooks, I bought a military plastic container that is the same width as the inside of the trailer to hold whatever? I plan on mounting the 2 yellow diesel cans either on the front or on the sides if I can figure out the bracket instructions from the Yahoo group, and I will place the 2 water cans on the inside. I will also be cutting a tailgate in and mounting a roof top tent. I also plan on changing the tires out to BFG tires 28-30" X 9.50" for My BJ will have 33 X 9.5's".

Also just posted a metal Jerry can on the fore sale section! $8.00 + the ride?

Last edited:
More pics

Got me some M416 hooks that will actually hook on to something, unlike the Canadian hooks but went from one extreme to another? Just ordered new gamma goat lights, new M416 wire harness that goes under the trailer, and new M416 pigtail which I will try to incorporate a updated 4 prong but wanted to keep the military look about it. Also have bought all new grade 8 bolts to put the whole thing back together after I pressure wash, sandblast, and paint. I have all new bearings to put in it and just got my spare wheel! All these bolts were a Bit** to get off!! I will go with around the same tallness of tire maybe a little taller and a tad wider for my cruiser will have 33 X 9.5 BFG's

Last edited:
So those springs are still good, Right?
Look rusty but would i be right in saying a good sanding and some paint is all that's needed?
Would you guys recommend some kind of lubricant between the leafs?
And how would you reapply it once on the trailer?

man im so jealous,

i love the cdnm101s

keep us posted

Get with Koffer on the forum for buying one, and yeah the springs just need a good blast, these trailers are actually in great condition for they never really got used! and made in 1992

Koffer is the man. I bought one from him last year. Get em while you can.:)

SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom