LX570 easy to work on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 96 80 series and just totaled my 06 LX470 (second one). Torn between an 06/07 470 or 10/11 570. Does the technology make it harder to work on? I thought the 470 was simple enough for me to to fix most problems, worried the 570 will require too much computer tech to work on it at home.

I've had both, and I work on my own vehicles. The 100 series, and 200 series are pretty much equal when it comes to working on them.

The AHC changed a bit between the 100 and 200, but aside from complaining about the location of the pump - they're both simple to work on.

The general home mechanic stuff is pretty straightforward. AHC is not too hard to service. If you need to get behind the dash for anything, it's very packed back there. Also about 4x the amount of electronics compared to an 80 (not sure about a 100), just look at the fuse boxes!!! Generally reliable stuff, but I know I was definitely a little intimidated by the sheer volume of electronics when I bought it (and still am a little bit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom