LX570 door advertising. Wait....what? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Am I the only guy who's seen this nonsense?

Any other 570's infected like this?

I don't think my '14 LX570 even has puddle lights. Will have to check.

The LX 570 (all years) has running board lights. One 194/T10 on each side. (Numerous other 194/T10s in the interior, including on the doors, which can all be upgraded to LEDs). Removed the side steps a long time ago so I don't use them.

I don't think my '14 LX570 even has puddle lights. Will have to check.

From this photo, I think they were added to the lights on the bottom of the door trim...or, “puddle lights” that are at the bottom of all four doors. We all have those... See below:

I don’t know, but if you designed them to shine from the “Trail Rated” badge stuck on these...you might get some takers...haha

Just imagine all the Instagram photos of “Trail Rated”...projected onto gravelly roads, etc. :hillbilly:

View attachment 1904219

Good point. My target TRD PRO (tm) market would be the guys that buy them then put 22s on anyway.

From this photo, I think they were added to the lights on the bottom of the door trim...or, “puddle lights” that are at the bottom of all four doors. We all have those... See below:
View attachment 1904246

Yeah, that's possible. I do have the door lights, the lit-up Lexus logo in the trim, and the running board light. The door lights are very weak and don't even reach the ground, much less display a logo like proper puddle lights.

I have the same ebay door courtesy lights on my 86. You can remove/replace the logo by pulling on the tab here:

Double post

MONDAY–FRIDAY, 8 AM–8 PM, ET
SATURDAY, 9 AM–6 PM, ET
1-800-255-3987

I called Lexus Customer Service this morning and spoke to a rep who said she understood my disatisfaction and had run across this "Treasure Coast Lexus" puddle light issue before. I explained that adding a dealer license plate holder was one thing, but that this dealer's action was interfering with the operation of the vehicle and that was a step too far, IMO. She is referring me to a case manager.

We'll see.

I have the same ebay door courtesy lights on my 86. You can remove/replace the logo by pulling on the tab here:
View attachment 1904377View attachment 1904376

Should have paid closer attention to this.

I followed your suggestion and you are exactly right. Trasure Coast Lexus apparently took advantage of a built in advertising platform. The tab you referred to is made to accept a circular lens that creates the pattern we see on the ground. I pulled the tabs, popped them open, dumped the Treasure Coast Lexus lenses, reinserted the now empty tabs and, Bob's Your Uncle, it is back to original.

Problem solved.

Thanks,

Bob

I’m curious did you ever find out if it was a loaner or dealer demo prior to you purchasing it? I bought my ‘13 LX in ‘15 and it was a service loaner.

I’m curious did you ever find out if it was a loaner or dealer demo prior to you purchasing it? I bought my ‘13 LX in ‘15 and it was a service loaner.

I don't think it was. There was a previous owner who left some identifying info in the vehicle and still programmed into the vehicle nav system.

It is brash. OTOH, removing the lenses took less time than removing a branded license plate holder. Just not as obvious how to do it.

What's not clear to me is WHY Lexus designed the lights to accept a lens. What purpose does it serve (other than this brash behavior on the part of the dealer)??? Maybe its to allow you to change the color of the light being output? Maybe to allow the owner to "monogram" the light?

It is brash. OTOH, removing the lenses took less time than removing a branded license plate holder. Just not as obvious how to do it.

What's not clear to me is WHY Lexus designed the lights to accept a lens. What purpose does it serve (other than this brash behavior on the part of the dealer)??? Maybe its to allow you to change the color of the light being output? Maybe to allow the owner to "monogram" the light?

I'm sure they do so they can use the same parts for many different models across the lineup. It is pretty clever (and crappy) of the dealer to figure it out and customize it to their name. Imagine how many people never figure out how to remove it!

Fwiw, my brother bought a brand new 2017 Platinum Highlander, and it shines "HIGHLANDER" on the ground like that, the lights are from the factory. We laughed pretty hard when we found that little surprise the first night.

Fwiw, my brother bought a brand new 2017 Platinum Highlander, and it shines "HIGHLANDER" on the ground like that, the lights are from the factory. We laughed pretty hard when we found that little surprise the first night.
It makes sense to me that Toyota/Lexus might want to do that, though I think it is over the top. But I cannot imagine they'd want a dealer doing the same.

Yeah, that's possible. I do have the door lights, the lit-up Lexus logo in the trim, and the running board light. The door lights are very weak and don't even reach the ground, much less display a logo like proper puddle lights.

Hrmm. Wonder if that's a Canadian market difference?

USDM LX570s have had puddle lights under the side rear view mirrors since the beginning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom