LX570 18 Inch Wheel Added (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
A client of mind was interested in the new LX570 but did not like the ride. The 570 runs a 50 series tire on a 20 inch wheel and you feel every little thing, it's almost like the wheel vibrates and you feel it. The new 570 is anything but smooth on pavement and the fact this guys been driving a 2000 LX470 with a 70 series tire on a 16 inch wheel the ride change was shocking to him considering the price of the 570.

I suggested we could change the wheel to 18 inch and run a 60 series and it would improve the ride, well now I had to find a rim and the Land Cruiser rim is what I had in mind.
So I left this task to the parts manager and here's what he finds in the Lexus parts screen, a 18 inch wheel, he thinks it's a mistake and makes the call a finds they have ton's of these wheel sitting at the parts depot. I believe this is the Land Cruiser rim with a Lexus emblem center cap.
The tires 285x60 /18 Michelins mounted and the LX570 rides like a dream and one very happy customer.

Lou
lxwheel.jpg
lxwheel1.jpg
lxwheel2.jpg

Last edited:
A client of mind was interested in the new LX570 but did not like the ride. The 570 runs a 50 series tire on a 20 inch wheel and you feel every little thing, it's almost like the wheel vibrates and you feel it. The new 570 is anything but smooth on pavement and the fact this guys been driving a 2000 LX470 with a 70 series tire on a 16 inch wheel the ride change was shocking to him considering the price of the 570.

I suggested we could change the wheel to 18 inch and run a 60 series and it would improve the ride, well now I had to find a rim and the Land Cruiser rim is what I had in mind.
So I left this task to the parts manager and here's what he finds in the Lexus parts screen, a 18 inch wheel, he thinks it's a mistake and makes the call a finds they have ton's of these wheel sitting at the parts depot. I believe this is the Land Cruiser rim with a Lexus emblem center cap.
The tires 285x60 /18 Michelins mounted and the LX570 rides like a dream and one very happy customer.

Lou

Nice work! But those are not US LandCruiser rims. Ours are indented on each spoke. Look at some pictures and you can see the difference.

It's surprising that Lexus put 20's on that thing. It really defeats the purpose in both directions -- on road sucks and you'd dent them to s*** off road.

Even 18's with a 70 series tire (like mine) is on the edge. I'd rather have a 17, but actually like the look of the factory rims.

Nice work! But those are not US LandCruiser rims. Ours are indented on each spoke. Look at some pictures and you can see the difference.

It's surprising that Lexus put 20's on that thing. It really defeats the purpose in both directions -- on road sucks and you'd dent them to **** off road.

Even 18's with a 70 series tire (like mine) is on the edge. I'd rather have a 17, but actually like the look of the factory rims.

I wasn't sure , yes I see the difference. I wonder why this wheel is available as it's not even listed as a accessory.
toyota-Land-Cruiser-wheel.jpg

It's surprising that Lexus put 20's on that thing. It really defeats the purpose in both directions -- on road sucks and you'd dent them to **** off road.

Not really. The 20 inch rims are for styling purpose. The LX570 in shown in this thread looks downright terrible with 18 inch rims. The Land Cruiser with 18 inch looks fine.

Reactions: HGB

Lou

The Lx570 in Canada and the rest of the world is available with 18 inch rims. With that being said, any Toyota or Lexus dealer in the United States can get these rims.

6 spokes arent attractive..

The Lx570 in Canada and the rest of the world is available with 18 inch rims. With that being said, any Toyota or Lexus dealer in the United States can get these rims.[/QUOTE

If you haven't figured it out I work at a Lexus Dealership, so I understand the ability of ordering parts through Toyota/Lexus.

My surprise regarding the 18 inch wheels,, they are not listed as a accessory , option, or replacement wheel to John Q public or the sales side for Lexus in the US. and I did not know they were available on the 570 in Canada or the rest of the world,
(19 years selling Lexus and I'm still learning). I'll assume the parts depot in the North East supports Canada so that would answer the question, why they are is the US and listed in the parts screen.
Oh and if you had a chance to see the 570 is person with the 18's , you might have a different opinion then, they look downright terrible...thats harsh!! Blame the photographer.. they stand about 1/4 inch taller, overall height then the 20's with 50 series tires so they don't look small at all and fill the wheel well . But I do understand you are entitled to your own opinion.:D

Lou

Last edited:
Reactions: HGB
FWIW, from my time behind the parts counter at a Toyota/Lexus dealership, there are four main warehouses of parts for Canadian dealers: Toronto, Vancouver, Kentucky, and California. At least, those are the four locations that come up when you check availability for a customer.

I like those wheels. Darn 5-lug pattern though!

FWIW, from my time behind the parts counter at a Toyota/Lexus dealership, there are four main warehouses of parts for Canadian dealers: Toronto, Vancouver, Kentucky, and California. At least, those are the four locations that come up when you check availability for a customer.

I like those wheels. Darn 5-lug pattern though!

Warehouse or no warehouse....in theory any Toyota dealer should be able to order any Toyota part regardless of what country you are in.

...right... :popcorn:

But if you put in a VIN number of an American LX570...likely you will not get the 18 inch rim part. You would need to do a search but then one wouldn't be sure if the actual part would VIN indicated.

But if you put in a VIN number of an American LX570...likely you will not get the 18 inch rim part. You would need to do a search but then one wouldn't be sure if the actual part would VIN indicated.

I think we got it !

Lou

Why couldn't the client just order the 5-spoke LC rims and put them on the LX570? I don't get what all the fuss is about with entering the VIN number....just buy the damn things. You can get them all over the internet...

here for example: $350 x 5 = $1750.
New Used & Refinished Factory Aluminum Rims Wheels TOYOTA LAND CRUISER SUV MATRIX M S XRS Land Cruiser Matrix Wheels Toyota OE OEM Original Factory Aluminum Wheels Philadelphia PA NJ DE NY MD CT Original Factory Aluminum OEM Alloy Used Wheels Rims Sa

Why need to stick with "Lexus" rims? They are interchangeable caps anyways.

Why couldn't the client just order the 5-spoke LC rims and put them on the LX570? I don't get what all the fuss is about with entering the VIN number....just buy the damn things. You can get them all over the internet...

here for example: $350 x 5 = $1750.
New Used & Refinished Factory Aluminum Rims Wheels TOYOTA LAND CRUISER SUV MATRIX M S XRS Land Cruiser Matrix Wheels Toyota OE OEM Original Factory Aluminum Wheels Philadelphia PA NJ DE NY MD CT Original Factory Aluminum OEM Alloy Used Wheels Rims Sa

Why need to stick with "Lexus" rims? They are interchangeable caps anyways.

I'm not making a fuss about anything and never said anything entering vin numbers.
I started this thread just to share the info, and as I stated the Land Cruiser rim was the direction I was headed until the parts manager indicated there was a 18 inch Lexus rim, so thats what we ordered ,and when your writing a check for $80K, I think you'd want new rims that have the correct logo.
These Lexus caps are not interchangeable with the Land Cruiser rim.:D

Lou

I'm not making a fuss about anything and never said anything entering vin numbers.
I started this thread just to share the info, and as I stated the Land Cruiser rim was the direction I was headed until the parts manager indicated there was a 18 inch Lexus rim, so thats what we ordered ,and when your writing a check for $80K, I think you'd want new rims that have the correct logo.
These Lexus caps are not interchangeable with the Land Cruiser rim.:D

Lou

Lou -- sorry I wasn't referring to you. I understand that you simply wanted to share that there is an 18" rim option from Lexus for the 570. I just didn't get why a few were bringing up the VIN # issue.

...and that is surprising to me that the LX caps won't fit LC rims....are you sure about that???

Lou -- sorry I wasn't referring to you. I understand that you simply wanted to share that there is an 18" rim option from Lexus for the 570. I just didn't get why a few were bringing up the VIN # issue.

...and that is surprising to me that the LX caps won't fit LC rims....are you sure about that???

I agree, there were a few that made a big deal about the whole order process.
If you take a close look at the LX cap you will see the ridge design from the wheel continues into the cap. It might fit but may look a little odd.

I was down at IPOR today and they are setting up another 200 with the ARB bumper and all the ICON and ARB suspension stuff including the ICON control arms. I'll see if Cam can post up the build.

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom