lx470 driver floor vent question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. Im looking at purchasing a 2006 lx470. When checking out the vehicle, I noticed that the driver side floor vent was not blowing out any air at all. The vent under the steering wheel was blowing out air along with the passenger floor vent but not the driver floor vent. All the other vents seemed to be fine when circulating from defrost and so on.

Thought maybe it was a servo motor issue. But now Im wondering, if it is a servo motor, I would think that the passenger floor vent wouldnt blow air either. I tried finding a diagram but Im not seeing anything of how all the ducts work.

Anyone have any experience this type of issue or something similar? I live in a northern climate and the floor vent is needed. Just trying to get an idea how easy this would be to fix. Dealership isnt showing any interest in having it addressed. Instead they are willing to come down on price.

I always thought that the driver's side vent under the steering wheel was "the" vent on that side, am I wrong?

I always thought that the driver's side vent under the steering wheel was "the" vent on that side, am I wrong?

I thought this was the case as well. But if you take off the trim panel under the steering wheel that has the ball vent in it , (can't think of what it's called...), you should see the air ducting that directs air out of the ball vent, and up to the vent by the drivers door.

Thinking out loud here, but maybe...just maybe, there is a flap of sorts in that ducting that should direct air towards the floor instead of the ball and face vents, that might be broken or tweaked?

I can see the vent on the passenger side floor (towards the console) but can't see where air would even come out on driver's floor. The louver vent is all I can see/feel where air comes out on drivers side floor area.

This thread got me thinking.....and I've already replied like I knew what I was talking about but now I'm second guessing myself.

First off, I don't have the LX in front of me at this time, but I will be able to take a deeper look once I get home.

I've never really put much thought into it, but now that I have, I might have a minor issue. I've noticed that when I direct the air flow down to the floor/feet area ONLY, that a decent amount of air still flows out of my outer Driver's side face vent, the one near the door. I haven't thought much of it because it's similar to my 3rd gen, but now that i am thinking about it.....is this normal? Do you guys also get some minor flow out the face vents when air is directed to the floor vents?

Maybe the floor vent I never knew I had is blocked, forcing the air back up out the face vent?

I'm not killing myself over here thinking about it, at the end of the day you can still hang meat in this truck, so I'm not too concerned....but I would like it to work correctly if it's not currently.

TIA
-Grayson

Yes, there is minor air flow out of the side vents next to the doors to defrost the side windows. Have you found the actual floor vent yet and made sure its not working?

Yes, there is minor air flow out of the side vents next to the doors to defrost the side windows. Have you found the actual floor vent yet and made sure its not working?

100 is at home and I'm out of town until Friday afternoon, I'll have to look then. Funny how things always pop into my head when I can't actually get to my LX to look.

Thanks for the info!!!

Check under the carpet's edge. There is a driver side floor vent, just like the passenger's side.
Found it. Pulled back the carpet and there it was. Thanks for the tip.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Could be as simple as the carpet is blocking the vent, I'd check that first. Let them drop the price!

I’ve owned my land cruiser for 8 years now, and I’ve never had this happen. I recently had the air stop blowing in my floorboard and was convinced I was going to have to replace a blend door or actuator or something. I read this, went outside and I’ll be danged if it wasn’t the carpet blocking it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom