LX470 corner light to turn signal conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw those. Thanks. I was wondering about the terminal repair though. When I search for that on eBay or Amazon I get many different things. None look right.

Part number 82998-12440

I want to switch to the Toyota corner lights now because my lamps are fogging up. I want to keep them as running lights for now and keep the turn signals in the bumper until I buy an aftermarket bumper. When I de-pin my clearance lamp connector which number on the connector should each wire plug in to? I don't mind running the dual filament bulb but I want to make sure I'm lighting up the dimmer of the two filaments.

I want to switch to the Toyota corner lights now because my lamps are fogging up. I want to keep them as running lights for now and keep the turn signals in the bumper until I buy an aftermarket bumper. When I de-pin my clearance lamp connector which number on the connector should each wire plug in to? I don't mind running the dual filament bulb but I want to make sure I'm lighting up the dimmer of the two filaments.

It is pins 1 and 2. 1 is the "hot" wire from the corner light and 2 is the ground. However, in the instructions from prwillard2 (and what I did), the ground was used from the blinker, not the existing corner light. I suppose it doesn't really matter in the end and you could use the ground and hot from the corner to keep the wiring neater until you bring up the pin 3 wire (hot wire from the blinker). To be honest, I would suggest just doing the whole thing and making the corner lights the running lights and blinkers. It will complete the job and you can always just leave the fog/corner housings in the bumper if you want for now. I took them out anyway (fogging/water issues as well) and prefer the look with the holes in the bumper.

I suppose it depends on whether the switch sends positive voltage or just closes the ground circuit. I will have to figure it out when I get around to moving the turn signals up.

I just received the OEM Koito clear corner lamps and bought the suggested sockets P/N 90075-99106 at the beginning of this thread and they don't seem to fit. Wondering if you did a mod to them or if there is an alternative socket that is 3-pin and will fit the OEM Cygnus clear corner lamps to have a running late/blinker bulb. Thank you everyone!

I just received the OEM Koito clear corner lamps and bought the suggested sockets P/N 90075-99106 at the beginning of this thread and they don't seem to fit. Wondering if you did a mod to them or if there is an alternative socket that is 3-pin and will fit the OEM Cygnus clear corner lamps to have a running late/blinker bulb. Thank you everyone!
running light*

Are they OEM for the LX470 or Land Cruiser? You need the Land Cruiser corners to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom