LX470 Catalytic Converter (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read every thread in here about the P0420 code and have done almost everything to fix it except for replacing the catalytic converter. All new O2 sensors, air filter, oil change, replaced PCV valve, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned throttle body, etc. I assume at this point whatever may have cause the cats to go bad is fixed, but the code is still on. Has anyone used aftermarket cats with success? OEM are ridiculously expensive (~$1,300 a piece). I live in a state with no emissions regulations, so I don’t need to pass smog or anything. I just want to find a different option that gets the job done and have my CEL light off.

i used a rockauto walker catalytic converter on another lexus vehicle (LS430) and so far it's been good. OEM is always best, but at least for that car, i dont care enough about it to buy OEM

I used the Davico 17194 from Rock Auto. Has worked fine without any CEL since December 2021. No regrets at all.

I'm going to do the subaru special method of removing the cats and cleaning them in Citric acid.... anyone else tried this?

On my '06 LX, I used the spark plug fouler hack. It's been about 1.5-2 years and the CEL has come on twice. It used to come on regularly with p0420/p0430 codes.

On my '06 LX, I used the spark plug fouler hack. It's been about 1.5-2 years and the CEL has come on twice. It used to come on regularly with p0420/p0430 codes.
O2 sensor spacers?

O2 sensor spacers?
I think that is basically what they did but not called that. That hack on works on the model years where the sensor threads into the pipe, not the one with two rusted nuts on each side. There may be some spacer hack for that too but I am not aware.

Got it - yes 02 sensor spacer for the threaded sensor-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom