LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you tried the other years available? I don’t have one but selfishly want it to work on a 2006 so I can get one.

The Phoenix PX6 works on the 2006 LX so we know it is possible, potentially some more software development is needed. I’d think that if it doesn’t work the TEYES site would know by now and have a comment of some type.

I'm right there with you. I had missed that this unit doesn't work with 06+ models, which I have also. Fingers crossed they eventually get it working.

I'm right there with you. I had missed that this unit doesn't work with 06+ models, which I have also. Fingers crossed they eventually get it working.

I did a bit of research into the company it seems legit. Just might take a while for the software update.

Grrr. Seems I also glossed over that bit about potential issues with the 06-07. Hopefully it plays nice on a 2006 LX.

Relieved to hear it supports standard Google Play functionality for apps.
I'm super curious if it allows the use of Developer Options (for USB debugging). If anybody has one, you can find out by drilling down in settings > about device.. At the bottom locate the software "Build Number". and click on the Build # about 10 times or so. You should get prompted to allow Dev Options.
Screenshot_20220529-143311.png

If it works, you'll see one more option in System near the bottom called Developer Options.
Screenshot_20220529-143339.png

Grrr. Seems I also glossed over that bit about potential issues with the 06-07. Hopefully it plays nice on a 2006 LX.

Relieved to hear it supports standard Google Play functionality for apps.
I'm super curious if it allows the use of Developer Options (for USB debugging). If anybody has one, you can find out by drilling down in settings > about device.. At the bottom locate the software "Build Number". and click on the Build # about 10 times or so. You should get prompted to allow Dev Options.
View attachment 3020742

If it works, you'll see one more option in System near the bottom called Developer Options.
View attachment 3020743

Like any android device, it can be rooted but they specifically state if you do, no warranty. There is a lot of developmental options once a group picks it up in the XDA community. It seems to me this company is using widely available commodity hardware and their magic is the R&D of canbus for all different types of vehicles then creating the integration into the dash. The 06+ likely has a little different canbus programming so their current software doesn't work.

What I'm referring to does not require root. No desire to unlock the bootloader or run anything other than the stock firmware from Teyes. I just went through this process on a Galaxy Tab S8 without tripping Knox or voiding the warranty and it worked out great.

The reason I ask is Dev Options could allow use of Android Debug Bridge over USB. This would open up the possibility of adding/removing apps over the command-line. If you screw something up, just factory reset to get back to the original state.

Whether it's possible or not will probably come down to the level of customization Teyes has done to android, and whether the device can be recognized by ADB or not.

What I'm referring to does not require root. No desire to unlock the bootloader or run anything other than the stock firmware from Teyes. I just went through this process on a Galaxy Tab S8 without tripping Knox or voiding the warranty and it worked out great.

The reason I ask is Dev Options could allow use of Android Debug Bridge over USB. This would open up the possibility of adding/removing apps over the command-line. If you screw something up, just factory reset to get back to the original state.

Whether it's possible or not will probably come down to the level of customization Teyes has done to android, and whether the device can be recognized by ADB or not.

My though process is if the boot loader is not locked why would they lock the Dev Options, the logic doesn't follow.

Does anyone have confirmation that this unit will not work with a 2006 LX? I have contacted the company to confirm, but I haven't heard back yet. I recently purchased the CC3 and was planning to install it in my 06 LX, but waiting to hear back before I start.

Does anyone have confirmation that this unit will not work with a 2006 LX? I have contacted the company to confirm, but I haven't heard back yet. I recently purchased the CC3 and was planning to install it in my 06 LX, but waiting to hear back before I start.
So crazy. For some reason I thought @prospeed had an 06 and it was working fine. That and the fact that the website says “2003-2007” made me go ahead and buy it. But, @prospeed actually has an ‘04! (I think)

Hah, must have been wishful thinking. Maybe they’ve issued an update since February?? Fingers crossed.

I emailed Teyes and got a pretty quick response about the 2006 LX470 Compatibility. I'll get a pic of the back of my nav and climate boxes this weekend. If anyone has pics of their nav and climate boxes already and is curious about 06-07 compatibility you can email them your pics.

Here's the response:

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: New T'Eyes Enquiry #5229-1780

Hi brett i haven’t had a complaint yet

What is important is what it looks like at the back

There are at least 2 rear pictures for the C model that you can compare against on the product page

Toyota Landcruiser Land Cruiser LC 100 / Lexus LX470 (2002-2007) - https://www.teyes.com.au/products/teyes-cc3-for-toyota-land-cruiser-lc-100-2002-2007-car-radio-multimedia-video-player-navigation-stereo-gps-android-10-no-2din-2-din-dvd?_pos=1&_sid=a59e3d5b5&_ss=r

If you are still insure I am happy to see the rear of your unit and sent it to technical for them to evaluate

Thank you

Awesome news. Mine arrived today. Packaged nicely and shipped quickly. I guess I'll be diving into the installation asap!

Thanks for the follow-up!

JJ

I emailed Teyes and got a pretty quick response about the 2006 LX470 Compatibility. I'll get a pic of the back of my nav and climate boxes this weekend. If anyone has pics of their nav and climate boxes already and is curious about 06-07 compatibility you can email them your pics.

Here's the response:

I hope it works out for you. The guy who posted earlier in the thread posted receipts. It didnt seem like a physical connection problem but a software issue. It will be huge to get clarification.

Here's the response:
I was told the same thing and I sent pictures to him this afternoon. I’ll let everyone know what I find out.

Awesome news. Mine arrived today. Packaged nicely and shipped quickly. I guess I'll be diving into the installation asap!

Thanks for the follow-up!

JJ
Fingers crossed your install goes well. Please let us know if everything is working fine on your 06.

Well, it’s not going so good.

There is a terrible, constant hiss and I can’t get to any vehicle controls. I set the canbus up the way the app tells you to, but, when I click on the car info app it says “no vehicle information.”

The volume and other steering wheel controls work. But the actual volume knob on the radio does not.

I’ve sent an inquiry to Teyes. I’m not feeling too hopeful.

There is a terrible, constant hiss and I can’t get to any vehicle controls. I set the canbus up the way the app tells you to, but, when I click on the car info app it says “no vehicle information.”

The volume and other steering wheel controls work. But the actual volume knob on the radio does not.

If you take a look at the video linked below from a GX470 installation, he says tech support told him to set the vehicle settings back to Null, reboot, and then back to appropriate LC100 settings. GX470 Teyes Install Video

2006 right?:(

If you take a look at the video linked below from a GX470 installation, he says tech support told him to set the vehicle settings back to Null, reboot, and then back to appropriate LC100 settings. GX470 Teyes Install Video
I saw that video, but missed that statement. Thanks for pointing it out. I’m having a beer with lunch. As soon as that’s done, I’ll give it a shot!

@Biga27110 - yes ‘06.

Edit/Update: struck out. Did the null setting and reboot. No change.

The good news is that it’s pretty simple to pull stuff in and out. I’ll wait to hear from the company and see what’s next.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom